Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter String

George BM

43 minutes ago, yoda said:

True, but we all should be able to temper our expectations.  The blinds are closed for at least the next 7-8 days

Ah, come on...keep those blinds up, and open the windows a bit!  Maybe a perfect time to enjoy the light, take in the warmer weather for (hopefully) a short time, and breath the salt-free air!!  Then look forward to a rockin' February/early March! :lol:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

WVclimo's post in the snow totals thread - moving it here as I don't want to respond in that thread:

WV climo noted that list is all places that have more than his yard does. Even expanding wider - wow. It has been a southern year so far with a bullet compared to what we are getting. I am guessing that is a potential outcome for a nina?

He didn't list OBX either, which has cashed in at least twice.

Definitely when this happens it doesn't help the frustration when our part of the mid-atl keeps missing. Watching Boston get more snow than our area is one thing. Watching some of those locales beat our totals so far is something else.

I agree with you.  There is nothing cheery about that list. I can't celebrate it.  :P 

44 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

It's a shame that you have to beg and plead just to get some people to behave. Makes it even worse when it is long time posters that should very well know better.

i have been doing the same shtick for 18 years....its all i know so relax:)

31 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Same ****, different year.

I used to think this place was to discuss weather AND have fun. 

We do have threads for having fun, but yeah I dont think it is necessary to "clamp down" as much when there is literally nothing going on. Ji being Ji in the long range thread doesn't bother me when there is likely nothing to track for the next 10 days. There may not be more than a dozen posts a day in there over the next week.

29 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We do have threads for having fun, but yeah I dont think it is necessary to "clamp down" as much when there is literally nothing going on. Ji being Ji in the long range thread doesn't bother me when there is likely nothing to track for the next 10 days. There may not be more than a dozen posts a day in there over the next week.

We literally just had an outpouring of support to Bob's thread, TWO DAYS AGO. Some of that regarding the excess banter in discussion threads. Yes, I get it. The next week or so is going to be slow, but when people are creating accounts just to say thank you to Bob for telling people to dial it back... why is it now okay to not dial it back just because things are slow? 

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

We literally just had an outpouring of support to Bob's thread, TWO DAYS AGO. Some of that regarding the excess banter in discussion threads. Yes, I get it. The next week or so is going to be slow, but when people are creating accounts just to say thank you to Bob for telling people to dial it back... why is it now okay to not dial it back just because things are slow? 

Mobs are fickle.  LOL.

Just now, mappy said:

I really do not think it is unreasonable to post banter in appropriate threads.

You know I had total mixed emotions about the whole thing. I like having fun too. Even in disco threads... But it can get way out of hand really fast and unfortunately it's timed perfectly with approaching events because that's when there's the most participation across the board. I think the issue is more with threads becoming unreadable when they should be the most readable. Now it's slow and participation is low (and the stakes are low). Always a lose lose though. Can't make everyone happy all of the time. This winter is making everyone unhappy all the time so there is some consistency. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Really? lol a bit melodramatic if thats the case. Jeez its a weather forum. 

Adjustments can be made based on the situation. I thought Ji was ok today, and again, given there is nothing going on, some slack can be given. When things get more serious, and if things get messy again at that time, kick some ass. Just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Sparky said:

anyone else seeing an annoying popup ad at the bottom?   It takes up valuable scrolling real estate.   I have only been seeing it for a day or so.   Hope it isn't a new feature on american weather.

I would say it's here to stay no mods have chimed to say otherwise. #pita

13 minutes ago, Sparky said:

anyone else seeing an annoying popup ad at the bottom?   It takes up valuable scrolling real estate.   I have only been seeing it for a day or so.   Hope it isn't a new feature on american weather.

3 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

I would say it's here to stay no mods have chimed to say otherwise. #pita

Nothing on my screen. 

17 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

I wonder if it's equipment or provider based. I use iPhone with AT&T, and iPad and mac desktop with verizon fios. Knock on wood, but I've never seen those or any pop ups on this site.

eta: I also don't use tap talk. Not for any particular reason but I just don't see the need. Of course I don't know what I'm missing because I don't know what it does.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived