Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I love me some SA Winter Lager.  One of the truest pleasures is shoveling a snow-pile and dropping a 6-pack in to chill, then taking breaks from shoveling and enjoying an ice-cold one.  Often times, my neighbor comes out to share.  Not much better than an afternoon spent out working in the snow and sipping on Winter Lager.  It's been 2 years since I've been able to do it.  Saddening.

SA Winter is a nice beer for storms. Two years ago I went Troegs Blizzard of Hops. I shoveled for hours while finishing off a 6er. Never felt so sick in my life that night. Total dehydration from sweating it out shoveling while not replenishing with water, Gatorade, etc. Was a hard lesson learned. I knew better...just was so euphoric to be Jeb shoveling...I forgot the water replenish rule. :(

5 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I love me some SA Winter Lager.  One of the truest pleasures is shoveling a snow-pile and dropping a 6-pack in to chill, then taking breaks from shoveling and enjoying an ice-cold one.  Often times, my neighbor comes out to share.  Not much better than an afternoon spent out working in the snow and sipping on Winter Lager.  It's been 2 years since I've been able to do it.  Saddening.

Yea I’m normally not a big Sam Adams fan and picky with beer in general (more of a bourbon fan) but this stuff is pretty good. For cheap beer I do like the old style my cousin brings back from Chicago when he’s there. Easy to drink.

4 hours ago, Jebman said:

North Carolina got a ton of fresh snow, at least eight inches of it.

Its a south and southeast wintah.

I wish they would at least share it. That Southin' hospitality just went right out that window

Are you starting to crack??? Where is your upbeat attitude saying the snow is coming and tons of it?

WVclimo's post in the snow totals thread - moving it here as I don't want to respond in that thread:

Snow totals so far '17/'18:

Salisbury, MD-- 16.4"

Norfolk, VA-- 12.8"

Wallops Island, VA-- 11.8"

Greensboro, NC-- 9.2"

Richmond, VA-- 8.1"

Raleigh, NC-- 7.1"

Charleston, SC-- 5.3"

Shelby, AL-- 5.1"

Galveston, TX-- 5.0"

New Bern, NC-- 5.0"

Atlanta, GA-- 4.7"

Birmingham, AL-- 4.0"

Elizabeth City, NC-- 3.8"

Baton Rouge, LA-- 3.5"

Alma, FL-- 3.0"

WV climo noted that list is all places that have more than his yard does. Even expanding wider - wow. It has been a southern year so far with a bullet compared to what we are getting. I am guessing that is a potential outcome for a nina?

He didn't list OBX either, which has cashed in at least twice.

Definitely when this happens it doesn't help the frustration when our part of the mid-atl keeps missing. Watching Boston get more snow than our area is one thing. Watching some of those locales beat our totals so far is something else.

Some of those places in the southern MA/SE have been way overdue though. My brother lives in Central NC where climo is about 9", and they have had a long snow drought there. They are pretty much right at climo now. I may be wrong, but I dont think there is a correlation between southern snow and Nina. In general you would think the opposite. Sometimes its simply the law of averages.

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Some of those places in the southern MA/SE have been way overdue though. My brother lives in Central NC where climo is about 9", and they have had a long snow drought there. They are pretty much right at climo now. I may be wrong, but I dont think there is a correlation between southern snow and Nina. In general you would think the opposite. Sometimes its simply the law of averages.

Yeah, Nino years are good for them typically. 2009-2010 was rocking for them too, with Jan 30th and then Feb 12th and of course other storms peppered in. 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

a legit one so he stops crapping up the discussion thread 

Agreed.  I get that he's perhaps aiming for humor by being "trollish" (and sometimes it is a bit funny, I'll admit!), but it's a bit much in the main medium range thread when nearly every comment is how things suck through day 10.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived