Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, H2O said:

hey, @Mdecoy do us all a favor and log off.  You are complaining every post.  After what happened yesterday with people saying they will post better you are continuing to do the very thing people said they are sick of.

The post I made in the obs forum was not the least bit negative. It was realistic. I am giving you my obs. Thinking we'd have a precip problem, but it ended up being a temp problem.

I think you sudden sensitivity to this stuff is a bit odd to be honest. Suddenly you need a safe space to the smallest amount of negativity?

17 minutes ago, H2O said:

lectured by the life coach.  thats a new one

I honestly just didn't see it as being negative. I mean I had been worried to death about precip, and I woke to find tons of that, which was basically rain. So certainly warranted an "unreal".

But I will dial it back totally/log off.  I guess things have changed around here; gone are the days randys tear IN beethoverns eye and legendary rants (his one after Snowquester was great)

8 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

I honestly just didn't see it as being negative. I mean I had been worried to death about precip, and I woke to find tons of that, which was basically rain. So certainly warranted an "unreal".

But I will dial it back totally/log off.  I guess things have changed around here; gone are the days randys tear IN beethoverns eye and legendary rants (his one after Snowquester was great)

Mdecoy

Members

3,241 posts

Posted 10 hours ago · Hidden by H2O, 10 hours ago - No reason given

HRRR did what it does best.

Now shows not a damn flake for DC/Baltimore and up I-95.

Great storm! A classic.

this is the crap you posted last night.  complaining over a HRRR run that WOW!! was wrong!!!

The other one I smacked down was complaining about temps stealing your snow and weaving in more debbie downer stuff with that comment about temps.  Again, people talked about improving the discussion in threads and here you are saying I need the safe space.  Maybe you just don't want to change and are doing this on purpose.

3 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

If it were getting warmer rather than colder they would have kept it to 2 hours but without the sun (clouds) and without the temp rising, they have to trust that the salt will work everywhere.  Remember buses don't just go to your house they go to every house.

I grew up in Baltimore. I'm not used to the city closing at all, hell I distinctly remember the news reports with school closings finishing with "But Baltimore City schools are STILL open!"

54 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

James, you have been pretty negative for a while now. I really do think you need to take a step back and pull yourself together. 

12 minutes ago, UIWWildthing said:

I grew up in Baltimore. I'm not used to the city closing at all, hell I distinctly remember the news reports with school closings finishing with "But Baltimore City schools are STILL open!"

Yep.  I thought the same thing.  Baltimore City school have gotten soft in the last 10 years.  It would usually take at least 5 inches of snow to close them.

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

Oh my the bitching over here in Frederick Co. is insane. People are pissed they did not get a snow day. And to make it worse everyone around us closed with the exception of Wash. Co. Put your big girl panties on, use some common sense and get your kid to school. Ok vent over...

you're amazing. enjoy your day! 

1 hour ago, DSF said:

Well the thing is, we live in an area where people should be prepared for snow since it happens yearly, but many aren't.

(I'm a teacher in Baltimore City.)

Lots of kids come to school without adequate winter weather clothing, and cities here aren't actually prepared to clean up an entire city in time for schools to open.

Should we be able to have school when there's an inch or two of snow?  I totally think we should.  But in the world we live in I don't think it's safe for kids.  Big sections of Baltimore City don't even have real sidewalks, so you're asking kids to walk to school without decent gear on snow-covered streets that haven't been plowed yet, while bad drivers try to rush to work?  Not worth it.

This is honestly among the lamest of excuses I could possibly come up with for reasons to cancel school when there's a half inch of snow on the ground. This isn't necessarily directed at you though, because I've heard it elsewhere.

I've addressed it in this thread before, but a quick roundup:

1) There are resources out there that will provide for free/at a very low cost winter clothing for those who need or want it.

2) Nearly every kid that comes to school without winter clothing does so of his/her own volition.

3) It's often colder when it isn't snowing, so if people are so worried about kids not having cold-weather gear, why not cancel school for *every* other cold day that we have?

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived