Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Lol.  I just read that the spread for yesterday's Vikes/Saints game was 5.5, so the non-extra point at the end made a big difference to Vegas.

Yup. Similar circumstances occurred a few times earlier in the season. Scott van pelt has a bad beat segment weekly on his sport center show.You wouldn't believe how sick some of these beats are.

4 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

This is no big deal for those residing in the less urba areas, but my backyard feeder is putting on a good show this morning. Several blue jays, male and female cardinal, and a downy woodpecker all at the same time. I can't recall seeing a downy at my feeder. Also had a hawk on Saturday that stopped in the yard. Pretty neat for the this hood. 

Nice. It seems like this winter every bird in the 'hood knows when we put out seed, because it's gone within about 48 hours. :lol:

Sparrows, titmice, nuthatches, finches, downy and red-bellied woodpeckers, cardinals (a ton of them!), chickadees, juncos, etc., etc. - they're all there in droves. It's pretty awesome.

17 minutes ago, Jandurin said:
25 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:
I have lost track. Are we supposed to be depressed now or euphoric? It's so hard to remember on these bipolar boards. emoji185.png

Bipolar means both

Yes. And?

bi·po·lar
[bīˈpōlər]

ADJECTIVE
  1. having or relating to two poles or extremities:
    "a sharply bipolar division of affluent and underclass"
  2. (of psychiatric illness) characterized by both manic and depressive episodes, or manic ones only.
  3. (of a nerve cell) having two axons, one either side of the cell body.
  4. electronics
    (of a transistor or other device) using both positive and negative charge carriers.

On 1/3/2018 at 12:55 PM, WxWatcher007 said:

This. I'm going to Ocean City and I'm terrified lol. 

Also--Bob, I would have punted this event with that look that far out 10/10. If we pull out the miracle, it'll be just that, a miracle. 

That said, if we do snow tomorrow I want credit for the miracle. I performed two in New York a few days ago and I brought the magic back with me. 

What two did you perform in New York?

24 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

So consulted my magic 8 ball today. Looks like another 1"+ school closing is in order again huh...

That really was the oddest closing day I’ve ever seen. A forecast of 1-2”, verifying as an inch or less, closed every single school system. I’d think the school systems go back to 1-2” being a 2-hr delay. 

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

There probably aren't a lot of females on this board because there aren't really a lot of women who give a flying F about the whys and hows of weather. Crazy thought, I know.

doesn't mean some of the sexual innuendos comments are excusable and necessary. 

Just now, T. August said:

Didn’t realize being a dick counted as a burn. But hey what do I know, I’m not a met.

no offense, but by saying "validation scores are all fine and dandy" to a met who deals with validation scores and models... is you being a dick (too). so, I'd say dtk responded in kind just fine. 

1 minute ago, T. August said:

For real? He started on with his pompous stance in the first sentence. He set the tone.

but he wasn't talking to anyone in particular. just in general. you responded to him, mocking validation scores as a response. how would you expect him to reply??

I wasn’t mocking them. In all honesty dtk is I’m sure right. I was just calling him out.

you called out a met who deals with models and their validation scores, results and analysis, for a living. 

what kind of response did you expect? 

Just now, mappy said:

you called out a met who deals with models and their validation scores, results and analysis, for a living. 

So now we’re using the “I do this for a living” pass to be dickish? Like I said, I’m sure he’s right, but that tone is unnecessary.

So now we’re using the “I do this for a living” pass to be dickish? Like I said, I’m sure he’s right, but that tone is unnecessary.

You seem to be missing the part where you did wrong in order to get a dickish reply. You are focusing on all the wrong details. 

But like you said a few pages ago, it may be because you are young and immature. 

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

It's all good.  If someone wants to call me out for coming off as a jerk, that's fine.  It wasn't intentional and I'm not that bothered by it.  However, I stand by the basic premise.  It's pretty crazy to me that people are suddenly calling the Euro "useless".

Just now, dtk said:

It's all good.  If someone wants to call me out for coming off as a jerk, that's fine.  It wasn't intentional and I'm not that bothered by it.  However, I stand by the basic premise.  It's pretty crazy to me that people are suddenly calling the Euro "useless".

I think your response was valid and warranted. 

But yes, it is pretty entertaining that the Euro is now useless because it took away people's digital snow. 

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

You seem to be missing the part where you did wrong in order to get a dickish reply. You are focusing on all the wrong details. 

But like you said a few pages ago, it may be because you are young and immature. 

Ahhh yes, of course, my comments can be chalked up to my age and immaturity.

a dick’s a dick, red tagger or not. And mappy I will acknowledge that I was dickish as well.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

But yes, it is pretty entertaining that the Euro is now useless because it took away people's digital snow. 

That's not really the issue. The euro has been unusually inconsistent in the 72 hour window this year and even more jumpy at 96 hours. It's not just a single instance either. It's been a bit of a repetitive theme. Exact reasons can be debated. The fact that it's happening can't. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived