Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter String

George BM

Just now, 87storms said:

speaking of sledding...i feel like there were more opportunities to do that as a kid (80s)...i'm talking the steel sleds on the street...probably because they salt the crap out of the roads now.  

a barometer of a good snow to me will always be where it covers the grass, so that's what i'm hoping for.  a grass coverer type snow.  

Lower the mower blades till you kick up dust before the winter like maself. Cartoppers cover my grass man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

It seems people have forgotten 13/14 and 14/15 when talking about blizzards or dustings. Aside from the 6”+ ones, we had multiple 3-5” events (1/3/14, 3/4/14, 2/17/15). We get the moderate events still— just not in clunker winters. 

They forgot 11-12 and 12-13 even more.

eta: for good reason

Just now, gymengineer said:

It seems people have forgotten 13/14 and 14/15 when talking about blizzards or dustings. Aside from the 6”+ ones, we had multiple 3-5” events (1/3/14, 3/4/14, 2/17/15). We get the moderate events still— just not in clunker winters. 

This could be the first shovelable event too. Dec 9th didn't stick to to the streets. At least not in my hood. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

This could be the first shovelable event too. Dec 9th didn't stick to to the streets. At least not in my hood. 

Yeah. Even if I drop my bar for a nice event to shovelable it has still been since the storm/blizzard of January 2016 since we have had that in the beltways. At the least, I didn’t have to shovel anything last March.

it has been quite awhile.

12 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We can do a hell of a lot better when it comes to cutting out the innuendo. There’s really no place for it. 

Its the culture of RR.  def a boys club at times.  the disco all weekend was boobs and so on.  makes female posters come here in droves.

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'll bet there are a lot of males in here with those too.

wouldn't doubt it.  

Sometimes tho, all that "locker room talk" could be avoided.  I know some of it is done for levity and god knows this place needs it at times with how bi-polar people get wrt snow, but from another perspective that isn't XY I can see how it can get tiresome.

Just now, showmethesnow said:

I guess we could go back to discussing dog poop and awful stenches. I actually prefer that because most of my jokes revolve around them.

Exactly.  fecal matter is the joke that keeps giving.  Everyone does it, has it, smells it.  In that, we are all equal.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived