• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter String

George BM

Crossing routes are going to be open and if the Vikings do anything under Shurmer it's crossing routes

*IF* Keenum has the time. I've seen too many teams come into Philly this year with that mindset. Then the top receiver gets shut down. Then the qb gets smothered. Then they rely on screens and slants and our LBs are notorious for picking those off. Dont underestimate their D.....the intangible stuff. I know paper says Minn D #1 but the Philly D is different. They buzz around like hornets and are in players faces while generally playing a clean game. They somehow have the knack for playing as a team on D and knowing where everyone is on their assignments. This isnt a one-dimensional team that only relies on offense.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
12 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:
Crossing routes are going to be open and if the Vikings do anything under Shurmer it's crossing routes

*IF* Keenum has the time. I've seen too many teams come into Philly this year with that mindset. Then the top receiver gets shut down. Then the qb gets smothered. Then they rely on screens and slants and our LBs are notorious for picking those off. Dont underestimate their D.....the intangible stuff. I know paper says Minn D #1. They buzz around like hornets and are in players faces while generally playing a clean game. They somehow have the knack for playing as a team on D and knowing where everyone is on their assignments. This isnt a one-dimensional team that only relies on offense.

I'm certainly not underestimating the Eagles D and I am certainly not overestimating the Vikings O line but the crossing routes are tough to cover if Keenum can get any sort of protection. Saints D was relentless but those routes still broke open for a couple of nice hits. I think this game will end up with a final score of 3-2 lol

This is no big deal for those residing in the less urba areas, but my backyard feeder is putting on a good show this morning. Several blue jays, male and female cardinal, and a downy woodpecker all at the same time. I can't recall seeing a downy at my feeder. Also had a hawk on Saturday that stopped in the yard. Pretty neat for the this hood. 

20 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Sometimes real winners don't do it on stats alone right? Look at Romo. Dude should have won a ring or at least got to more (some) superbowls but a clutch QB he was not. I always told my cowboy fan friends that I hope Romo plays with them forever because I never have to worry about listening to a bunch of superbowl trash talk. 

I'm impressed with Keenum. He may not be the most accurate or a gunslinger but when you deliver in the clutch then the softer stats become much less important. Philly's D is going to get after Keenum. Will probably be relentless. If they can break the pressure and get the ball in the playmakers' hands then MN will simply outscore an underpowered Philly offense. 

im afraid your assesment will be spot on.  Defense WILL win the game for Philly....if that happens.  Just need a little offense.  Low scoring game incoming IMO.

The upcoming "storm" is confusing the hell out of me. Am I the only one?

One model says this, one says that, then they switch. People get happy and 6 hours later, they are sad. We might get snow today, we might not, maybe tomorrow, maybe not. Looks like 1-3 inches, but I don't know maybe a T-1 inch. NWS is not excited about this. OMG, coastal low says 6-8 inches. now we got the CMC! Or not. Jackpot looks to be Virginia, oh nevermind Boston gets a Blizzard, actually I think NE of Baltimore/DC does well again. But the NAM says nope. Euro sucks. GFS is moving towards a better idea. Winchester VA gets screwed again!!!

Who even knows anymore.

5 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

One model says this, one says that, then they switch. People get happy and 6 hours later, they are sad. We might get snow today, we might not, maybe tomorrow, maybe not. Looks like 1-3 inches, but I don't know maybe a T-1 inch. NWS is not excited about this. OMG, coastal low says 6-8 inches. now we got the CMC! Or not. Jackpot looks to be Virginia, oh nevermind Boston gets a Blizzard, actually I think NE of Baltimore/DC does well again. But the NAM says nope. Euro sucks. GFS is moving towards a better idea. Winchester VA gets screwed again!!!

Who even knows anymore.

Recency bias sounds like a broken record.

5 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

Who even knows anymore.

Comprehension is not your forte. It's looked like a 1-3 event on the majority of guidance for 3 straight days and it's been stated probably 100 times. There is a way for some upside but it's low odds. Is that simple enough or are you still confused?

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Comprehension is not your forte. It's looked like a 1-3 event on the majority of guidance for 3 straight days and it's been stated probably 100 times. There is a way for some upside but it's low odds. Is that simple enough or are you still confused?

You forgot to mention the shaft possibility (even if low).

19 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yep, I get that.

I am just poking fun at it. Literally if you read that thread, it is mass confusion.

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I used to be like that but it became too frustrating. It's too common to not hit warning level events for entire seasons. Sometimes multiple years in a row.  Took me a while to concede but now I just like snow period. 

I’m generally happy to see any snow, but...I definitely know what I like/prefer all things being equal.

speaking of sledding...i feel like there were more opportunities to do that as a kid (80s)...i'm talking the steel sleds on the street...probably because they salt the crap out of the roads now.  

a barometer of a good snow to me will always be where it covers the grass, so that's what i'm hoping for.  a grass coverer type snow.  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived