• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

I’ll be honest. I don’t feel that terrible. We had 22 players on IR, for the first time have a TON of cap space, and get like 5 rookie starters for pennies on the dollar the next 4 years. We have 2nd year Kamara and Ramczyc and Lattimore to look forward to. If we can get another good year or 2 out of Brees we will be back next year.

Good game to the 2-3 Vikes fans I spoke to here.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Yah think? Saw all the posts from overnight and thought we might have had some great runs overnight. But nah, it was just desperation shining through.

i didn't look at anything until this am. was surprised to see even 1-2" IMBY. I mean, I'll take what I can get, but 12 pages.... 

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Vikings fan

That would certainly explain it. I'm looking forward to the trash talk in here this week between the Eagles and Vikings fans. Idc who wins, as long as they beat the Pats. That's all that matters. It does sting the Ravens were too dumb to see Diggs talent 2 years ago. Breshad Perriman really working out on this end :weep:

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

If this potential event proves anything it's that 97.4% of this board are Big Game hunters...sorry you won't be able to pose with an elephant tail in your hand

Thought you have been here awhile and yet you are just now coming to this conclusion? Little slow on the up take are we? ;)

I enjoy any snow that falls but I will admit I am always hunting for that angle that will get us even more for any particular event. So I guess you could call me a big game hunter too.

13 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Thought you have been here awhile and yet you are just now coming to this conclusion? Little slow on the up take are we? ;)

I enjoy any snow that falls but I will admit I am always hunting for that angle that will get us even more for any particular event. So I guess you could call me a big game hunter too.

Nope, you're the epitome of an objective optimist. That's a compliment in case it sounds like it isn't

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I know I am up front about that. Warning level snow is my chase. The nickel and dime approach sucks.

But you keep it in here mostly...just like I am a first class clown and 99% of my clownage stays in here. I love snow...BIG snow is freakin awesome. I also know our climo...yes we get big snow and no we don't really get it frequently but we do get it. Ji actually made a solid point...gulp...we don't get the medium snows anymore...it's 20" or dustings...that I would agree is frustrating. A nice 3-5" snow would be fantastic but alas....it's just like the unicorn high snow ratio quest...somebody somewhere saw one but does it really exist? 

Oh by the way...did anybody see the end of that Vikings game!! :)

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I know I am up front about that. Warning level snow is my chase. The nickel and dime approach sucks.

I used to be like that but it became too frustrating. It's too common to not hit warning level events for entire seasons. Sometimes multiple years in a row.  Took me a while to concede but now I just like snow period. 

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Oh by the way...did anybody see the end of that Vikings game!! :)

Legendary finish...especially after some recent finishes that didn't go so well...

I'm so happy for Diggs it's not funny. He did amazing things at UMD. A literal one man highlight reel surrounded by mediocrity. I figured he would make it in the pros but you never know. I wore my UMD sweatshirt last night and rooted for the Vikes. That final play will be talked about long after we're both dead. 

One of my favorite college QB's of all time (Graham Harrell @ Tx Tech) never made it to the pros. Crabtree was his #1 receiver and he's done fine in the pros. Not sure why nobody drafted Harrell. His gunslinger style reminded me of Dan Fouts. No opposing lead was safe and a 2 TD deficit with 3 mins to play right in his wheelhouse.

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Legendary finish...especially after some recent finishes that didn't go so well...

I'm so happy for Diggs it's not funny. He did amazing things at UMD. A literal one man highlight reel surrounded by mediocrity. I figured he would make it in the pros but you never know. I wore my UMD sweatshirt last night and rooted for the Vikes. That final play will be talked about long after we're both dead. 

One of my favorite college QB's of all time (Graham Harrell @ Tx Tech) never made it to the pros. Crabtree was his #1 receiver and he's done fine in the pros. Not sure why nobody drafted Harrell. His gunslinger style reminded me of Dan Fouts. No opposing lead was safe and a 2 TD deficit with 3 mins to play right in his wheelhouse.

Case Keenum threw for like a million TD's one year in college and never got drafted. I will say this a couple of his throws yesterday showed why but goodness the guy has heart and balls. Those have to mean something in this league. I love the Diggs Theilen combo...out of nowhere!!

9 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Case Keenum threw for like a million TD's one year in college and never got drafted. I will say this a couple of his throws yesterday showed why but goodness the guy has heart and balls. Those have to mean something in this league. I love the Diggs Theilen combo...out of nowhere!!

Sometimes real winners don't do it on stats alone right? Look at Romo. Dude should have won a ring or at least got to more (some) superbowls but a clutch QB he was not. I always told my cowboy fan friends that I hope Romo plays with them forever because I never have to worry about listening to a bunch of superbowl trash talk. 

I'm impressed with Keenum. He may not be the most accurate or a gunslinger but when you deliver in the clutch then the softer stats become much less important. Philly's D is going to get after Keenum. Will probably be relentless. If they can break the pressure and get the ball in the playmakers' hands then MN will simply outscore an underpowered Philly offense. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Sometimes real winners don't do it on stats alone right? Look at Romo. Dude should have won a ring or at least got to more superbowls but a clutch QB he was not. I always told my cowboy fan friends that I hope Romo plays with them forever because I never have to worry about listening to a bunch of superbowl trash talk. 

I'm impressed with Keenum. He may not be the most accurate or a gunslinger but when you deliver in the clutch then the softer stats become much less important. Philly's D is going to get after Keenum. Will probably be relentless. If they can break the pressure and get the ball in the playmakers' hands then MN will simply outscore an underpowered Philly offense. 

Crossing routes are going to be open and if the Vikings do anything under Shurmer it's crossing routes

Sometimes real winners don't do it on stats alone right? Look at Romo. Dude should have won a ring or at least got to more (some) superbowls but a clutch QB he was not. I always told my cowboy fan friends that I hope Romo plays with them forever because I never have to worry about listening to a bunch of superbowl trash talk. 
Thats where this game will be won....trenches. Minn O line will have a challenge with the top D line in the league. Keenum will need to get the ball out quick or have alot of screen and slant plays drawn up, which i saw little of either yesterday. Both teams are well-coached. Should be a very good game. I dont think the Vikes will have as much success Sunday throwing downfield like yesterday. Eagles D has this thing for shutting down the top receivers. Not saying Diggs wont come thru clutch again, but dont underestimate the Eagles D. I know on paper Minn is #1 but lets see what happens Sunday. My heart says Philly, my gut says Vikes win it all this year. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Thats where this game will be won....trenches. Minn O line will have a challenge with the top D line in the league. Keenum will need to get the ball out quick or have alot of screen and slant plays drawn up, which i saw little of either yesterday. Both teams are well-coached. Should be a very good game. I dont think the Vikes will have as much success Sunday throwing downfield like yesterday. Eagles D has this thing for shutting down the top receivers. Not saying Diggs wont come thru clutch again, but dont underestimate the Eagles D. I know on paper Minn is #1 but lets see what happens Sunday. My heart says Philly, my gut says Vikes win it all this year. We'll see.

Unless some unpredictable big plays break open, it looks like a 17-13 or 20-17 kind of game on tap. OU is already set at 40. That might be too generous. 

Most importantly....the Jags need to sack the F out of Brady and send the Pats home for the season. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived