Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not mad about chasing a 1-3" snow this week, but a buddy of mine that just recently moved to northern England for a few years, just woke up tomorrow morning and texted me this:

"Urgent - Winter Weather Message 
Winter Storm Watch

A major Winter Storm is forecast to impact the UK later this evening through at least the following week, we are monitoring russian weather developments to the possibility of a strong high pressure system in week 2. Further information will be issued when more data becomes clear."

I just glanced at the gfs snow map for his area and it shows snow all week with 20-30" by Thursday morning for his area. Ugh.

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm not mad about chasing a 1-3" snow this week, but a buddy of mine that just recently moved to northern England for a few years, just woke up tomorrow morning and texted me this:

"Urgent - Winter Weather Message 
Winter Storm Watch

A major Winter Storm is forecast to impact the UK later this evening through at least the following week, we are monitoring russian weather developments to the possibility of a strong high pressure system in week 2. Further information will be issued when more data becomes clear."

I just glanced at the gfs snow map for his area and it shows snow all week with 20-30" by Thursday morning for his area. Ugh.

Nah, can't live life looking up. There's always better or more of everything with somebody or something. Enjoy what you get and live inside your snow globe. You might get 4" too. I've been interested in this event even before the coastal tease. It has some of the ingredients to produce a satisfying snowfall for many of us. Could go poof like any event but we're inside of 4 days now and the early trend tonight is to improve. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Nah, can't live life looking up. There's always better or more of everything with somebody or something. Enjoy what you get and live inside your snow globe. You might get 4" too. I've been interested in this event even before the coastal tease. It has some of the ingredients to produce a satisfying snowfall for many of us. Could go poof like any event but we're inside of 4 days now and the early trend tonight is to improve. 

Totally agree. He loves snow and if he can see a rare event, I'm all for it. Maybe I should pull a Wx 007 Cape and just chase?

This possible winter storm has me a bit intrigued. Not a normal storm for this area, that is if there is one. Over running events for this area generally mean major precip. type issues. We normally straddle the rain/snow line and can go either way. But this time around, plenty of cold air is here, so that equation of the battle does not exist. Now, a reform to a coastal is where we get the best snows, yet models are backing off the idea. Generally when we are cold for over running for this area ( which I said is not the norm!), a coastal is in the mix. Guess it is just a waiting game and see how this plays out.

Disclaimer... This is just my observations from my area and no real skill went into this. Just knowing my area and how things evolve and happen here.

4 minutes ago, Lowershoresadness said:

Is it possible to do preemptive ACL surgeries on all incoming QB's

I thought it was rare bad luck a couple years ago....and then last year was pure heartbreak. Terps would have likely been ranked and in a half decent bowl but those hopes were dashed before the leaves turned colors. 

I'm glad Diggs is having is having success in the NFL. He had some of the best hands of any terp receiver I've seen.  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived