Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Watching the game and drinking a beer. Who else is drinking beer, and what are you drinking? (sorry- bud, coors light, etc does not qualify here, lol)

I am drinking a Dogfish Head Pennsylvania Tuxedo. A really good, and different, winter/backwoods hunter themed PA. Brewed with local spruce tips! plus 8.5% abv.

Knocked back a couple Aslin beers today while in some care of the (nearly) 4-month-old: Double-Dry-Hoppes Orange Starfish and A Small Town in Ontario. Small Town is OK, but all the Orange Starfish beers are great.

4 hours ago, yoda said:

Got the text earlier. As long as they don’t freak out, I imagine the kids will have a school day. Maybe early dismissal if they get a little jittery. But as long as my daughter gets her half-day of preschool in, she’ll be happy. She’s been miserable being out for basically the last three weeks!

Just saw a Larry Cosgrove map that showed a good southeast chunk of Virginia received deep satisfying snows while the western part including yours truly got very little. I have been raging over it all night, lmao. Additionally, I already know I will get very little in the way of ZR tomorrow. I'll get about four droplets of regular rain. None of that rain will freeze on contact. But, the PM rush hour will be easy and smooth. There will be no ice at all anywhere in the DC area tomorrow or tomorrow night. Some roads are white with tons of road salt. It's terrible what we are doing to the environment, but hey, at least the politicos are fine. Cover your azz, spread an inch of salt over all Prince William County roads. The environment is shot to hell with salt but at least the political thing was done exactly and correctly.

When it comes to snow, I dont need road salt. I have a shovel, and I'll shovel the entire region out of the snow, all by my lonesome. Thats what I do best.

38 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Aaaaaand the fear of freezing drizzle wins out over the 1.3 million metric tons of salt on the Fairfax County roads.

Congrats, students. :thumbsup:

There is a reason Faifax slipped from second to third in wealthiest counties in America 

Got pretty drunk watching my Saints take care of business against the Panthers last night. Very excited to hopefully shut up the Vikings this year.

In other news, I have paid absolutely zero attention to the freezing rain stuff. I took a few peeks at the models and they didn't seem to great. Should I actually pay attention today?

Honestly my car is no longer even blue, from all of the salt, so I find it hard to believe anything can stick to those roads.

17 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Got pretty drunk watching my Saints take care of business against the Panthers last night. Very excited to hopefully shut up the Vikings this year.

In other news, I have paid absolutely zero attention to the freezing rain stuff. I took a few peeks at the models and they didn't seem to great. Should I actually pay attention today?

Honestly my car is no longer even blue, from all of the salt, so I find it hard to believe anything can stick to those roads.

Paid little attention myself. To me it has been a non event for quite awhile now. But all it takes is a thin layer of ice to make the roads skating rinks. Guess it will be interesting to see if the cold surfaces win out over the salt and warmer surface temps.

27 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Shut up the Vikings? Lol OK

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived