Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legit blizzard ongoing here. Sideways sheets of white. Spectacular.

No idea how much, but even though the wind is insane I will attempt figure it out shortly lol. At least a rough guess.

eta- most recent forecast for Rehoboth... 5-9 overnight and 4-8 today. winds gusting to 65!

12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Legit blizzard ongoing here. Sideways sheets of white. Spectacular.

No idea how much, but even though the wind is insane I will attempt figure it out shortly lol. At least a rough guess.

eta- most recent forecast for Rehoboth... 5-9 overnight and 4-8 today. winds gusting to 65!

Dad just got home from touring Ocean City. He's got close to 10" now in Millville. They're gonna crack 18" at this rate. Incredible bands swinging off the Atlantic. 

10 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Dad just got home from touring Ocean City. He's got close to 10" now in Millville. They're gonna crack 18" at this rate. Incredible bands swinging off the Atlantic. 

Yeah the banding is awesome. Dude he shouldn't even be driving in this lol. Visibility is terrible.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah the banding is awesome. Dude he shouldn't even be driving in this lol. Visibility is terrible.

My dad is a legend when it comes to driving in this stuff. Was a police officer once upon a time and drove in multiple big snows in his life. He knows when to call it quits lol. He's got a big Dodge Ram which helps. He said it was interesting driving up Coastal Hwy to Bethany. I told him, "No sh*t" lol

Just now, mappy said:

wasn't that bad actually. wet roads, slow going, but just wet. not sure its even snowing at work in Hunt Valley. Windy as heck tho

That's great to hear. Can't say the same south of Baltimore down 95. Shut down due to tractor trailer fire per my co-worker who is working from home now. Any idea on snow amounts up your way, or is drifting just killing any type of measurement as per everyone else? lol

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

That's great to hear. Can't say the same south of Baltimore down 95. Shut down due to tractor trailer fire per my co-worker who is working from home now. Any idea on snow amounts up your way, or is drifting just killing any type of measurement as per everyone else? lol

i didnt bother to measure, if i had to guess half inch or so at home. but it was so wind blown, im not sure an accurate measurement would be even possible. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

i didnt bother to measure, if i had to guess half inch or so at home. but it was so wind blown, im not sure an accurate measurement would be even possible. 

Yeah. I doubt it. I have a sheltered area by work where I'm able to get measurements. At home, that's not going to be easy, if I can even do it at all. 

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

Yeah. I doubt it. I have a sheltered area by work where I'm able to get measurements. At home, that's not going to be easy, if I can even do it at all. 

yeah, i will have to rely on other spotters in the area to get an idea of a total when all is said and done. such fine pixie dust falling and being blown around. 

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

My dad is a legend when it comes to driving in this stuff. Was a police officer once upon a time and drove in multiple big snows in his life. He knows when to call it quits lol. He's got a big Dodge Ram which helps. He said it was interesting driving up Coastal Hwy to Bethany. I told him, "No sh*t" lol

I love driving in fresh heavy snow.  Everything is so quiet.  

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Took several measurements - one inch looks right. Maybe we get some more from one last band. This beats nothing, but not by much. Quite a hot streak the beaches and eastern shore have been on with snow the last few years...

The cities will get theirs at some point, and those to the west will make out best in the long run, but I totally agree with you on the heater that the easterners have been on!

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Is the board wonky for anyone else? I am signed in but the page looks lighter than usual and new posts are not showing up as new so I can’t tell where new content begins. Same issue on desktop and phone browser...

I have been having different problems with it for over a week now. There are times also where it is somewhat similar to a denial of service going on with very slow load times. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived