Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Clueless said:

The roads in Leesburg are perpetually brined.  What a waste.  

I saw that New Years Eve --- And the next night, too. Went to Hollywood two days in a row. I saw 6 inch piles of plowed snow in two places on Rt 9. Thought about you and Mountain Geek who is near Berryville lol. There are a lot of snow patches up there on Rt 9, FIELDS of snow that are about three quarters of an inch deep. We dont have that here in Dale City, tho we should have at least a new coating by tomorrow night lol. Got to keep expectations realistic lol.

7 minutes ago, PWC Split said:

Has Roger Smith ever downgraded a storm leading into the event?  He may be the biggest weenie in North America and I enjoy it.

Greatest snow weenie EVER, but tho it is shweet to read, Got to stay realistic, a coating to maybe an inch tops in Dale City.

If I got even the low part of Roger's forecast I'd have a damn heart attack. Just imagine the high winds and Siberian temps!

Naaaaaahh, I'll get a coating to maybe an inch if it goes BOOM. I DON'T live in OCMD. Or in Carroll County, for that matter.

2 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I saw that New Years Eve --- And the next night, too. Went to Hollywood two days in a row. I saw 6 inch piles of plowed snow in two places on Rt 9. Thought about you and Mountain Geek who is near Berryville lol. There are a lot of snow patches up there on Rt 9, FIELDS of snow that are about three quarters of an inch deep. We dont have that here in Dale City, tho we should have at least a new coating by tomorrow night lol. Got to keep expectations realistic lol.

It still looks wintry, yeah.  And the ‘hood  has that Swiss vibe.  But last year was craptastic. And a Niña winter won’t be kind. Plus my vehicle looks like absolute s#*t.  Check out Delerium Cafe here next time through. It’s pretty cool with a bunch of European beers that you don’t often see.  Or Señor Ramon Tacos.  Fantastic stuff.  

4 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Well then that's their fault. How much is Leesburg supposed to get anyways. 1" at best? Maybe 3" if the 20z Roger Smith Model is correct

VDOT and municipalities waste salt and encourage environmental harm by throwing down salt unnecessarily. Go to VDOT report a problem on google and voice your concern. They are killing song birds who consume granules of unmelted salt, polluting streams, killing fish and other life in those streams, rusting out the under body of your vehicle with the highly corrosive salt, and wasting money .

35 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Sitting here in the hotel overlooking Rehoboth Ave, drinking a delicious Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout and snacking on a wood fired pizza from Dogfish.

#waitingfortheflakes

#snowchaselife

Man, so jealous!  I'm in a tavern in Bmore doing the same with a Flying Dog Pearl Necklace and crabcake. 

1 minute ago, stormy said:

VDOT and municipalities waste salt and encourage environmental harm by throwing down salt unnecessarily. Go to VDOT report a problem on google and voice your concern. They are killing song birds who consume granules of unmelted salt, polluting streams, killing fish and other life in those streams, rusting out the under body of your vehicle with the highly corrosive salt, and wasting money .

Yeah. I think I will contact Loudoun 350 folks to see if we can come up with a letter.  

Just now, Clueless said:

Yeah. I think I will contact Loudoun 350 folks to see if we can come up with a letter.  

Good luck to you my friend! And, join me in fighting this outrage!!!  Last weekend, VDOT spread hundreds of tons of salt over nearly every road in my area for less than a quarter inch of snow that was blowing off the roads. I am a retired veteran of VDOT.  What I witness today is sad compared to the 80's & 90's. This is killing our environment!!!

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived