Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

I'm known as "the guy to ask about the weather" at the office and I have no clue what to tell people. I guess an inch here in Rockville and schools on a delay and the rest of us schlubs in like normal. 

It could be one of those rare days when school is cancelled for less than 2" if streets are covered and it looks like it will snow from 6-9am. lol. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It could be one of those rare days when school is cancelled for less than 2" if streets are covered and it looks like it will snow from 6-9am. lol. 

I really want county closure but I know it’ll just be the schools. And I’ll end up having to eat time off since the feds probably won’t close so my wife will go in 

Just now, 87storms said:

this storm is a mix of interesting, fun, and awful.

lots of wishcasting going on.  there isn't a single model giving us a significant snowstorm.  i'll be happy if we end up with 2".  this is absolutely the hampton roads storm.

Deep Thunder. IBM makes good stuff yunno

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

Deep Thunder. IBM makes good stuff yunno

i hope you're right. i'm not getting great vibes looking at the satellite and radar for this area.  so much dry air to overcome and a quick mover, but does look like a really nice storm for those areas that don't often get them.

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 PM EST
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions expected. Travel will be very
  dangerous to impossible, including during the morning commute on
  Thursday. 

* WHERE...Inland Sussex and Delaware Beaches counties.

* WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 7 PM EST Thursday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds gusting as high as 45 mph will cause
  whiteout conditions in blowing snow. Significant drifting of
  the snow is likely.

The Coast has got it made. They will get nine inches of pow, followed by strong winds that will blow the snow all over the place in a milkshake froth! Drifts will be spectacular. Those communities will have ample opportunity to savor many a memorable jebwalk tonight well on into the weekend as Siberian air funnels in behind the storm.

Here in Dale City on the Outer Edge, I will enjoy jebwalks but will me forced to use my imagination, as I will get a coating most likely. It is possible that some snow and slat may blow across the roads from time to time here.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Sitting here in the hotel overlooking Rehoboth Ave, drinking a delicious Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout and snacking on a wood fired pizza from Dogfish.

#waitingfortheflakes

#snowchaselife

You. lucky. bastid.

Go ahead. Rub. it. in. Right down to the Stout.

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Forget snow.  There's nearly 2" salt on the roads near me right now.  Can't even see the lane markers, it's become so ingrained in the pavement...it's damn near treacherous!  Blowing salt, too, reducing the visibility! :lol:

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived