Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Time to get up in front of class....

I publicly admit I blew it and let my conservative odds approach to events here get in the way of what was really possible with this coastal. I was literally 100% sure nobody along 95 stood a chance. There was literally nothing about the setup that led me to believe there was a chance in the medium range. I'll remember this event because I can't remember the last time I was 100% sure about something in the med range when there was obviously a way to get it done. Everything broke right and it's happening. Maybe I get skunked but some areas west of the bay are all but guaranteed a memorable event and not a paltry dusting at this point. 

With that said, IF there's ever another setup like this I'm going to be 99% sure and just keep my mouth shut. LOL

I wouldn’t declare failure until tomorrow. I still think this has huge busy potential although I admit I’m foolishly getting my hopes up.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I wouldn’t declare failure until tomorrow. I still think this has huge busy potential although I admit I’m foolishly getting my hopes up.

To be fair, what it looks like Bob is saying is he failed to see a way for the storm to happen so whether it happens tomorrow or not, there was a way.

So he wouldn't be wrong to say he was wrong even if technically he wasn't wrong.

Am I wrong?

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Failure west of the bay in general looks pretty unlikely at this point but yea, we have a knack for last minute disasters....lol

Even if that happens I never and I mean NEVER thought the storm would track this close to the coast. In my head the best case scenario was a coastal precip scraper with the low center way too far away to even present a chance. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Failure west of the bay in general looks pretty unlikely at this point but yea, we have a knack for last minute disasters....lol

Even if that happens I never and I mean NEVER thought the storm would track this close to the coast. In my head the best case scenario was a coastal precip scraper with the low center way too far away to even present a chance. 

there are too many model runs with a cutoff so sharp Lorena Bobbit is jealous.  i'm on the edge and a wall of snow dying out right along the Potomac would be one of the most painful wx moments in the history of MBY.

I can only shake my head that so far I have been too south and east for the Dec event, too south for the little clipper and now I might be too far west?  Many other people have a bigger gripe than me over lack of snow(Wes for example) but to dance around 3 events and end up getting shafted?  Man, this gonna sting if it does dry up.

I remember an event when the weather (and the MODELS!) delivered me a serious low blow. I was on tap to receive a decent snow event and it ended up being sleet and freezing rain. Can't really describe the pain, but my family and co-workers noticed it over the next several days.  

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

No, its not you. i would have said so.   No INTER-office memos going around secretly.   I STATE things clearly.

I see. Spoken like a true politician. There's a conspiracy going on here and we the public have the right to know. Release the e-mails so we can sort through all the sordid details and decide for ourselves. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived