Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

13 minutes ago, T. August said:

Been playing the hell out of Cities: Skylines.

Almost forgot, I have a grand total of 221 hours invested in Cities: Skylines. One of the go to games I played in late 5th/6th grade. That and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, which I have 272 hours on. Both great games for sure.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Oh I always get pics. I think I'm going somewhere (if the 00z guidance doesn't bring snow here) but where idk yet...I just did a long drive lol. I'd rather not travel tbh. 

I'm so tempted man. SO TEMPTED. Think there's a chance Rehoboth gets a blizzard warning? :weenie::weenie::weenie: 

Sure :weenie:

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

LOL

My worry with going that far north is the shift ENE. I want to get good snow too. I won't be happy with 4" and some breezes. 

You could head to OC, but probably wont be much different. Going down to Norfolk is a haul and always carries the risk of mixing or changeover...exactly what happened last Jan. Rehoboth ended up being pretty perfect for that event in the end. But yeah, the right turn at our latitude is annoying. Not sure that final sw can dig in too much more to dumbbell the low further north before shunting it more to the east- we be running out of time!

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Love Civ5. Did you play 5? Haven't been able to get into 6 yet, think I own it somewhere but haven't unboxed it. 

Never played before 6

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

I just purchased it for my iPad last week...its addicting but still learning the ropes.  I was reading a good tutorial online the other day about general game moves to make at various stages of the game.  I haven’t focused enough on research and science it seems so I’m about to get conquered, lol.  

Got it for the Mac a while back and played occasionally, but downloaded it for my iPad after Christmas and I can’t stop playing hahaha. 

You have to find a good balance depending on what you want to focus on. Can’t forget anything but need to still spend turns focusing one on main thing at the same time. 

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

When they offer the peace treaty, say no. 

I said yes. Then promptly got surprised attacked by Norway who then captured a new settled city in two turns. Damn Vikings 

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

Never played before 6

Got it for the Mac a while back and played occasionally, but downloaded it for my iPad after Christmas and I can’t stop playing hahaha. 

You have to find a good balance depending on what you want to focus on. Can’t forget anything but need to still spend turns focusing one on main thing at the same time. 

I said yes. Then promptly got surprised attacked by Norway who then captured a new settled city in two turns. Damn Vikings 

Did you purchase the full game yet?  The free version gives you 60 turns but they’re running a sale through tomorrow (I think?) for like $33 vs the normal price of $60 or whatever.  Couldn’t turn down the sale!

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Did you purchase the full game yet?  The free version gives you 60 turns but they’re running a sale through tomorrow (I think?) for like $33 vs the normal price of $60 or whatever.  Couldn’t turn down the sale!

Yeah last week. Had some iTunes cards so only spent $10

We would probably do OC again like last year, but may have to drive through Rehoboth on the way home for a drink at Dogfish.

Never a bad option. Just make sure you have 4 wheel drive. No way Worcester Co. is going to be able to keep up with this storm down there. Rt 90 back to SBY should be fun

26 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Never a bad option. Just make sure you have 4 wheel drive. No way Worcester Co. is going to be able to keep up with this storm down there. Rt 90 back to SBY should be fun.

Yes, to 4 WD, and unlike last year, the heater works!

24 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The more the merrier! @C.A.P.E. will be in Rehoboth, which could work if the guidance for the best qpf ends up further north. I'm just worried that it won't and OCMD seems like a good spot overall on the coast if things shift north or south. 

I like the way you talk. When I chase though, I like setting up in my spot and walking around during the event. No white knuckle driving if I can avoid it. 

I need to make a call tonight and would rather not stay up for the Euro lol. 

We won't be able to make the call until the last minute.

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

The eastern shore/beaches are definitely on a hot streak lately.

Its all relative- it has generally sucked all over in our region for snow going back to last winter. The eastern "hot streak" is mostly right along the coast, where a foot of snow generally gets to climo. Not been anything special here, but I am not complaining. Over 4" for December.

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

Nothing much actually. Just some analysis of Euro and NAM's. Kid from Dover in the New England forum letting them know how much snow he's getting this morning. Good times....

at least he is in their forum and not ours again. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived