Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So funny to me. I’ve been around since easternwx days and rarely post and am usually too afraid to do so. Back when I started if you didn’t know what you were doing (still true for me) you didn’t cross the mods. You guys intimidate(d) me — but I’m just here to learn— and, boy, have I learned! Weather terms, what the abbreviations mean, how to read models, etc. For that very reason- thank you. Weather is fascinating and I vowed after TS/Hurricane Isabel came through VA that I’d never be unprepared again. This board got me there. 

Honestly (and this is my honest opinion)...we should just freeforall this storm. There isn't much left to discuss. Delmarva = good and piedmont = bad. Since 90% of the people here live in the corridor or western burbs, let's just have fun and let the chips fall. If good fortune strikes and guidance locks into an advisory level event for the corridor then tightening up is probably for the best. I'm having too much fun watching the rise and fall every 6 hours. I think a lot of us are. lol

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Honestly (and this is my honest opinion)...we should just freeforall this storm. There isn't much left to discuss. Delmarva = good and piedmont = bad. Since 90% of the people here live in the corridor or western burbs, let's just have fun and let the chips fall. If good fortune strikes and guidance locks into an advisory level event for the corridor then tightening up is probably for the best. I'm having too much fun watching the rise and fall every 6 hours. I think a lot of us are. lol

Yeah, I agree with you. It's basically an easy way of saying "don't get your hopes up". 

40 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

rgem_asnow_neus_54.png.545941d23405fdf9e0408f906f62102c.png

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Damn I’m really torn. Not sure whether it’s worth chasing or not. Getting to the beach with SN+ and gusts to 40 are tempting...

Do it. Nobody's stopping you. As long as you snap a ton of pics to show what we're missing. You wanna get more people into the panic room, right? :lol:

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Damn I’m really torn. Not sure whether it’s worth chasing or not. Getting to the beach with SN+ and gusts to 40 are tempting...

I'll be there! I mean...

Wednesday Night

Snow, mainly after 8pm. Low around 27. Blustery, with an east wind 7 to 12 mph becoming north 16 to 21 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Thursday

Snow, mainly before 2pm. High near 31. Windy, with a northwest wind 29 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Thursday Night

A chance of snow before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Windy, with a northwest wind around 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

:drunk::snowing::snowman:

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I'll be there! I mean...

Wednesday Night

Snow, mainly after 8pm. Low around 27. Blustery, with an east wind 7 to 12 mph becoming north 16 to 21 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Thursday

Snow, mainly before 2pm. High near 31. Windy, with a northwest wind 29 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Thursday Night

A chance of snow before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Windy, with a northwest wind around 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

:drunk::snowing::snowman:

Enjoy it as much as you can :lol:

2 hours ago, Jandurin said:

While we're giving random opinions I'll say the irritation that others are getting snow when you aren't posts and the very concept itself is odd to me.

It's not like you did anything to earn the snow or that someone else stole it.

So weird to see the "at least Boston isn't getting the snow" posts. Maybe it's some intra forum warfare I'm unaware of

Yeah, I don't get it either.  I like to see everyone who wants snow get some, but to each his (or her) own.  I think it's part of the board culture.  In the SE forum, they frown on begrudging other regions.  Here, it's OK.  I'm not sure what they think of it in the NY metro forum, but I suspect they're more like our region.

9 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Love Civ5. Did you play 5? Haven't been able to get into 6 yet, think I own it somewhere but haven't unboxed it. 

I have a lot of friends at my school who are addicted to Civ6. I've wanted to get into it, but haven't as of yet. Almost every Sid Meier is a great game imo. 

27 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’ve gotta deal with some Aztecs in Civ6, someone come get me if something exciting happens 

I just purchased it for my iPad last week...its addicting but still learning the ropes.  I was reading a good tutorial online the other day about general game moves to make at various stages of the game.  I haven’t focused enough on research and science it seems so I’m about to get conquered, lol.  

2 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I have a lot of friends at my school who are addicted to Civ6. I've wanted to get into it, but haven't as of yet. Almost every Sid Meier is a great game imo. 

I got right into 5 and when I got the chance to play 4 I absolutely hated it, lol. The art style for 6 throws me off, and the whole districting thing seems complicated. Really I'm just too lazy to start it up. 

Been playing a lot of Fortnite lately anyways. 

7 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I got right into 5 and when I got the chance to play 4 I absolutely hated it, lol. The art style for 6 throws me off, and the whole districting thing seems complicated. Really I'm just too lazy to start it up. 

Been playing a lot of Fortnite lately anyways. 

I've played a bit of Fortnite over the Winter Break, and I like it. It's been hard to get into new games, since I've played the same 2 or 3 games for a while now. Those games being Overwatch, GTA 5, and a bit of Madden here and there.

7 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

Overwatch is crap

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've gotten a tad bit bored of Overwatch over the past year I've had it. Probably cause I played it a ton the first 2 months I got it (Christmas 2016). Either way, it helped me get over that trashy winter. I've played it off and on since.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived