Weathernoob335
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
9 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

DT is all in on this Jan 4th storm being a non event, I wonder what he has to say about his beloved Euro model saying otherwise?

Really? Sounds to me via his post last night that he is expecting the exact scenario the Euro is depicting- a moderate snowfall for coastal areas of VA, MD, DE, with I-95 likely missing anything significant.

12 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

DT is all in on this Jan 4th storm being a non event, I wonder what he has to say about his beloved Euro model saying otherwise?

He very well could be right. But like Bastardi, once he takes a position he is like a mountain in regards to moving away from it even when evidence begins countering that. Not saying that is the case here though.

7 hours ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Goodness. Just watched the end of that Ravens game. Did not know it went down like THAT. 

They earned what they got. A microcosm of not only this season, but the past 3. Competent O and D coordinators are essential. Pees especially has been worth 1-2 bad losses a year simply by gacking it up at crunch time with a lead.. this season, it was the Pittsburgh game a couple weeks back and the one yesterday. I hope the rumors of his retirement are true, because we know Harbaugh will lobby to keep is sorry azz otherwise.

11 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

He very well could be right. But like Bastardi, once he takes a position he is like a mountain in regards to moving away from it even when evidence begins countering that. Not saying that is the case here though.

DT is not saying that though. Mdecoy apparently cannot read, and/or has some agenda.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Really? Sounds to me via his post last night that he is expecting the exact scenario the Euro is depicting- a moderate snowfall for coastal areas of VA, MD, DE, with I-95 likely missing anything significant.

That is a step forward from his previous views from what I had read from other posters. Right?

Quit following him a couple of years ago. His abrasive manner, Global Warming spiel and constant political views got old. Not to mention that once he took a position he stuck with it even as evidence mounted strongly against it. Only to then spin it to make it sound as if he was right after the fact. Sound familiar (Bastardi)? Shame too, because he is a very knowledgeable person.

26 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

That is a step forward from his previous views from what I had read from other posters. Right?

Quit following him a couple of years ago. His abrasive manner, Global Warming spiel and constant political views got old. Not to mention that once he took a position he stuck with it even as evidence mounted strongly against it. Only to then spin it to make it sound as if he was right after the fact. Sound familiar (Bastardi)? Shame too, because he is a very knowledgeable person.

Dunno because I dont follow him much either. Not a fan.

But what Mdecoy just posted is blatantly wrong, as of NOW. Looks like DT is going pretty much with exactly what his "beloved Euro" is depicting. This post was made last night before the 0z run-

HOPE TO DO A NEW YEARS EVENING PODCAST THIS EVENING ABOUT JAN 4 if I do one... it wont be out until after 11pm

...SE VA ... LOWER MD EASTERN SHORE... HAVE A 60% CHANCE OF SEEING anywhere from 2 to 6" of SNOW ON JAN 4 ... this would include ALL of Hampton roods and ne NC as well as Lower VA eastern shore Lower MD eastern shore and far se corner of DEL....

15 minutes ago, H2O said:

He has come and gone both voluntarily and by staff so many times I’ve lost count. 

Happy New Year, btw

Happy New Year sir.  At least it's cold.  It's all we got...kind of like a cruel prank by Mother Nature since cold is what we are usually lacking. 

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Dunno because I dont follow him much either. Not a fan.

But what Mdecoy just posted is blatantly wrong, as of NOW. Looks like DT is going pretty much with exactly what his "beloved Euro" is depicting. This post was made last night before the 0z run-

Oh really?

This

SE VA ... LOWER MD EASTERN SHORE... HAVE A 60% CHANCE OF SEEING anywhere from 2 to 6" of SNOW ON JAN 4 ... this would include ALL of Hampton roods and ne NC as well as Lower VA eastern shore Lower MD eastern shore and far se corner of DEL....

Jives with this?

Is my geography off or something?

kuch.png

3 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

Oh really?

This

SE VA ... LOWER MD EASTERN SHORE... HAVE A 60% CHANCE OF SEEING anywhere from 2 to 6" of SNOW ON JAN 4 ... this would include ALL of Hampton roods and ne NC as well as Lower VA eastern shore Lower MD eastern shore and far se corner of DEL....

Jives with this?

Is my geography off or something?

You can't read. He made that post before the 0z run. So, maybe go back and look at 12z, and maybe use the 10:1 snow ratios. And you think forecasters use snow maps from WB verbatim? lol

In any case, what you claimed in your post is literally the opposite of what his thoughts are.

Fair point, but DT has been going the whole "No storm" and "Pattern is not good for snow in the mid atlantic" and if you look at the whole whole writeup he still really downplays even coastal chances.

So really, I feel he is pretty much all in with the "no storm" idea. Even if this doesn't get back to I-95, if its hits coastal areas, it is STILL a mid atlantic snowstorm.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived