Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018 Banter Thread

jburns

37 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

We can't even post long range op runs in the long range thread anymore!? Lol. WOW :(

That's not new and he's right it's banter. Not much on that map will look anything like that when it gets here. At that distance we look for trends and model consensus.

36 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

I know right, it is in the freaking thread name!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Orangeburgwx said:

understood 

Everybody,me included would love for those to work out but they rarely do. The fact that the fantasy storms are there at all is awesome though. We have gone winters where we couldsn't even get those. The middle to end of Feb looks really good. We just got to hang on and wait for it to get real.

34 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

This one when it's known that it is wishful and improbable information.

Fraz, first off I think you're a great poster and asset to this weather forum. With that said, why have a long term Discussion if we can't talk about LR model output? Many posters (lurkers) do not know how to sort through or even find model information so I find it very helpful to post maps so people can get a sense of what's going on even if it's at the end of a model run. We've been waiting on the models to get a grip on the pattern change and now LR surface maps are starting to reflect that. This is supposed to be informative as well as fun. Sadly, many of you guys make it "not fun" at times

Edit: I've followed this board since 09' so I'm not just a guy trying to stir the pot and insert my own will into the forum. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Fraz, first off I think you're a great poster and asset to this weather forum. With that said, why have a long term Discussion if we can't talk about LR model output? Many posters (lurkers) do not know how to sort through or even find model information so I find it very helpful to post maps so people can get a sense of what's going on even if it's at the end of a model run. We've been waiting on the models to get a grip on the pattern change and now LR surface maps are starting to reflect that. This is supposed to be informative as well as fun. Sadly, many of you guys make it "not fun" at times

Thank you for that and I think you are too. Actually you illustrate his point in this post to me. Posting that map without explaining or discussing the fact that it may be starting to show a pattern change and not a verbatim solution tends to mislead those trying to learn. You and I know it will not happen as depicted others do not. If you've read my posts you know I like to have fun but we need to keep the disco thread clean and the 300 plus GFS maps are pretty much meaningless for anything other than trends. I learned everything I know about how to read these maps from listening to guys like Weathernc,WOW,grit CR, Queencity ,HKYWx,downeast,pack, Burger , many others and they will too.

4 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

I guess this banter, since we can't clutter the long range thread, but Amarillo TX has not had a drop of rain since some time in Oct of 17 through today, and it continues!! Amazing over 110+ days! Makes Shetley so jelly, I'm sure! :)

Please keep this type of post in the "Reverse Long Range" thread.

• Haha 1

• jburns pinned this topic
  • jburns unpinned this topic