• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2018 Banter Thread

jburns

I have decided to take my first steps to become a weenie, instead of just a lurker.  I checked out this Tropical Tidbits sight that you guys mention so much.  Man the information there is almost overwhelming.  Who maintains that site?

Edit: Never mind, I read the About page.  Still very impressive and useful for non-tropical weather.

24 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I have decided to take my first steps to become a weenie, instead of just a lurker.  I checked out this Tropical Tidbits sight that you guys mention so much.  Man the information there is almost overwhelming.  Who maintains that site?

Edit: Never mind, I read the About page.  Still very impressive and useful for non-tropical weather.

I use to blog with Levi and others on WeatherUnderground (Category 6 blog now) during the hurricane seasons before he sort of got big. Lots of valuable information. I bookmarked his Twitter as he posts good commentary during big events. 

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

Pivotal weather is also good. That is @brettjrob‘s child if I remember correctly 

I really don't understand all of the love for Brad P. He rarely discusses the possibilities shown on different model runs and I rarely see him show upper level maps or more in depth forecasting. Maybe it's his market but I think he is ultra conservative. I had a convo with him once about which model he prefers and he said the SREF... Basically he said he waits until short range models come into range but is that really forecasting??

10 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

Ride that bandwagon

I've been a fan of New Orleans since I was 7 and watched my first football game with my dad. Panthers vs Saints. I when I was little I was super competitive and wouldn't pull for any team that my dad pulled for. So instead of calling me a bandwagon fan, how about figuring out when you're gonna get an actual decent QB and start figuring out who your next OC is gonna be cause Norv Turner is a bum. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Got my new Kamara jersey in the mail Thursday. Wearing it for the first time now. Bout to watch the Saints beat the Vikings on the road to the SuperBowl!!!!!

You tell your Vicodin thief of a coach, your inbred, racist(the only fan base I’ve ever heard use the n word is New Orleans)swamp trash fans that cheered Cam’s injury and that drowning city that glory is fleeting and hell will be paid next year.

• Like 1

Got my new Kamara jersey in the mail Thursday. Wearing it for the first time now. Bout to watch the Saints beat the Vikings on the road to the SuperBowl!!!!!
Most racist, backwardass, garbage fans in the NFL. I say this after having batteries, nachos, coins, slushies, and beer thrown on me in Baltimore by Ravens fans during a Steelers-Ravens game.

Baltimore fans are like tennis fans compared to Saints fans. That being said, no teams fans can hold a flame to Oakland fans. You take your life into your hands going into Oakland Alameda Coliseum if you're a fan of another team and they're playing the Raiders. Make sure you don't have a high deductible if you go there.
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

Find you a new bandwagon, kiddo. 

Good news is, I'm at least getting to laugh at how bad that ended. Honestly, we were projected to go 7-9 I think, so getting to win the division and making the playoffs was nice and we had a good run. Until next year. Also, I want to hate #43 with a fiery passion, but he was the one with the pick that really got the almost comeback started so oh well. Good news is, the NFC south is still the best division in football.

• Like 2

Classy response, Ashe.

My fellow Panthers fans didn't quite live up to the same standard in this little tete-a-tete above.

Brees is a class act. Congratulating all the Vikings after that heartbreaking loss he just experienced.

Anyway, go Vikes, I guess. That's who I'll be rooting for in the remainder of the playoffs.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Classy response, Ashe.

My fellow Panthers fans didn't quite live up to the same standard in this little tete-a-tete above.

Brees is a class act. Congratulating all the Vikings after that heartbreaking loss he just experienced.

Anyway, go Vikes, I guess. That's who I'll be rooting for in the remainder of the playoffs.

I can’t forgive the saints for bountygate, their fans cheering cam’s injury last week, the overt racism I’ve seen from them in charlotte, etc. I don’t like the falcons but I at least halfway respect them.

4 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Classy response, Ashe.

I'm rooting for whoever can take down Brady. And I'm in what they call the "pit of misery" in those annoying as hell Bud Light commercials so might as well be nice lol.

• jburns pinned this topic
  • jburns unpinned this topic