Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018 Banter Thread

jburns

5 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Hey Mack, hope you didnt lose power this morning! I haven't looked outside but I'm assuming there's an inch of ice on the ground based on what the RGEM was showing yesterday! #3kFTW :(

A few power flickers, but made it through alive! I didn't see icicles on Sh!t! But I didn't wake up till 10, so the 3/4 ice accretion must have melted by then! :(

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Buff chic dip, wings, fresh guacamole, homemade wings, few angry orchards apple, nachos! 

Praying for Eagles to win! Hate Brady more than 33 and rain

Mack, you hate the pats that bad!?

the only things I hate more than 33 degree rain are a stubbed toe, 3rd degree sunburn, and low-fat Mayonaise 

Buff chic dip, wings, fresh guacamole, homemade wings, few angry orchards apple, nachos! 

Praying for Eagles to win! Hate Brady more than 33 and rain

Can’t stand either one of the teams.  Patriots got us last year and we have lost to the eagles twice now in the playoffs.  Deep down I’m cheering for Brady.  I can’t stand the guy either but the dude wins.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Hey Mack, hope you didnt lose power this morning! I haven't looked outside but I'm assuming there's an inch of ice on the ground based on what the RGEM was showing yesterday! #3kFTW :(

RGEM was never showing an inch of ice for the upstate, lol.

Whatever source you guys were using for those RGEM maps was showing ice accrual based of a stock 1 to 1 ratio of rain to ice if the surface temp was < 32.

Greenville did get over .75 inches of liquid with temps less than 32 degree's. Problem is the temp was 31.5 to 32 during that time with torrential downpours, so only a light glaze was realized.

So in summary, the Rgem nailed this storm, but your ability to read it's modeled output failed. #RgemFTW, lol

16 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Grilled chicken wings w an onion garlic baste, homemade jalapeño pamento cheese stuffed in buttermilk bacon mini biscuits, black bean and corn salsa, queso and homemade guac. Wicked weed pernicious and apricot Blue Moon on tap. 4 chances in the pool and my girl on lap. I`m ready for some football!

Man...sounds great....love the Pernicious IPA...we are making some bean dip, ham delights, and cowboy beans...glad y'all can keep the lights on...especially down there with all those pines in Moncure...that is of course until Goodknight cuts them all down with the Chatham Park

Just now, WeatherHawk said:

Man...sounds great....love the Pernicious IPA...we are making some bean dip, ham delights, and cowboy beans...glad y'all can keep the lights on...especially down there with all those pines in Moncure...that is of course until Goodknight cuts them all down with the Chatham Park

Meant to add...Magic Hat IPA Variety packs and SweetWater 420 IPA in the fridge :)  

3 minutes ago, WeatherHawk said:

Meant to add...Magic Hat IPA Variety packs and SweetWater 420 IPA in the fridge :)  

Great beer choices, awesome groceries too. Goodnights going to make me rich. Hate to see it happen to this beautiful place but can't stop it might as well profit from it. Ill be ready for a place at the coast by then anyway.

12 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

RGEM was never showing an inch of ice for the upstate, lol.

Whatever source you guys were using for those RGEM maps was showing ice accrual based of a stock 1 to 1 ratio of rain to ice if the surface temp was < 32.

Greenville did get over .75 inches of liquid with temps less than 32 degree's. Problem is the temp was 31.5 to 32 during that time with torrential downpours, so only a light glaze was realized.

So in summary, the Rgem nailed this storm, but your ability to read it's modeled output failed. #RgemFTW, lol

RGEM failed miserably on temps. It said I was at 31 while I sat at a balmy 37 before precip rolled in. Icon nailed total precip in the days before the storm and 3k nam nailed temps. I won't look back at this one and say "Man, the RGEM had this one pegged" 

2 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

RGEM failed miserably on temps. It said I was at 31 while I sat at a balmy 37 before precip rolled in. Icon nailed total precip in the days before the storm and 3k nam nailed temps. I won't look back at this one and say "Man, the RGEM had this one pegged" 

The pre-event temp "bust", was just due to quicker cloud cover and/or discrepancies on when precip started and when wetbulbing would occur.

What mattered was the low temperature during the event, and the Rgem had the GSP area bottoming at 31 and hold 31/32 from 5am until 10am or so, and that's exactly how it played out.  

• Like 1

Every halftime show can't always feature the Four Seasons and silent movies! ;)

I took care of the silent pat with my mute button.  When you can get 90% of the effect of a show without sound you can't call it a music show. What I saw was basically a bunch of Michael Jackson moves at a slightly faster tempo. Hardly groundbreaking.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, jburns said:

I took care of the silent pat with my mute button.  When you can get 90% of the effect of a show without sound you can't call it a music show. What I saw was basically a bunch of Michael Jackson moves at a slightly faster tempo. Hardly groundbreaking.

True, but the Prince hologram was cool

• jburns pinned this topic
  • jburns unpinned this topic