Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018 Banter Thread

jburns

2 hours ago, Queencitywx said:

did Wilkes get banned and come back again?

I canned what was the latest iteration earlier this week, Red1976Red.  Unless he is now spoofing a TWC residential connection in Raleigh which I guess is possible, I doubt it is him.  Wilkes had an affinity for MS Paint, this guy seems a bit more professional plus he has an in house model.  Nodules is a physiology term, he lost some credibility there.  Ted's part about boundary layer issues in Orlando and that random dog on chicken .gif were pretty funny.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WeatherNC said:

I canned what was the latest iteration earlier this week, Red1976Red.  Unless he is now spoofing a TWC residential connection in Raleigh which I guess is possible, I doubt it is him.  Wilkes had an affinity for MS Paint, this guy seems a bit more professional plus he has an in house model.  Nodules is a physiology term, he lost some credibility there.  Ted's part about boundary layer issues in Orlando and that random dog on chicken .gif were pretty funny.

I swear, he's like a Pokémon, gotta catch them all!

2 hours ago, WeatherNC said:

That dog and chicken joke was funny now, I don't care who ya are.

5 hours ago, jburns said:

41 years ago today. 

orig.jpg

To quote your wiseness us “damn kids” weren’t even around yet.  :) 

Amazing though.

We were in Orlando a few years go, may have been 2014 actually. They had freeze warnings down to Miami and frost advisories down to the Keys.  I thought that was amazing.  But to snow there too is just unbelievable. 

20 hours ago, GunBlade said:

To quote your wiseness us “damn kids” weren’t even around yet.  :) 

Amazing though.

We were in Orlando a few years go, may have been 2014 actually. They had freeze warnings down to Miami and frost advisories down to the Keys.  I thought that was amazing.  But to snow there too is just unbelievable. 

I was a "kid" of 29.

Anybody else getting the adchoices roll up from the bottom of the screen on this site every time they move between threads?  Not happening on other sites for me.

Also checked this from other laptops and it is definitely site specific.

Mods/Admins:  Please get rid of this!!

29 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Anybody else getting the adchoices roll up from the bottom of the screen on this site every time they move between threads?  Not happening on other sites for me.

Also checked this from other laptops and it is definitely site specific.

Mods/Admins:  Please get rid of this!!

It is being worked on.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tramadoc said:

Weird. I don't get any of those things. I'm on mobile Tapatalk. Is it only a computer platform issue?

I only have them show up on my phone when using a web browser, haven't used Tapatalk in a while so not sure about that. And none show up when using my laptop, as I am now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jet Stream Rider said:

Looks like a Raven.

“Quoth the raven, nevermore”

3 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

All this (stupid) warmth is giving me the itch to swing the 3 wood and rip some lips. I don't want to be a warminista, make it stop. We need plowable snow nao.

Give it a few weeks for the cold to reload, it’s coming, so head out to the course and enjoy the warm while it lasts

Today is the fortieth anniversary of the great blizzard that struck the Ohio Valley and Great Lakes regions.  As an eighth grader, I was keeping a weather diary and I made an entry forty years ago tonight that my home barometer bottomed out at 29.04".  One thing I clearly remember about that storm was the hellacious windstorm that lasted well into the next day.  Charlotte had wind gusts to near 60 mph.  Needless to say, there was quite a bit of tree damage.  

• Like 1

• jburns pinned this topic
  • jburns unpinned this topic