Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2018 Banter Thread

jburns

42 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Interesting time on the boards today. Had a Burger and Brick sighting. WilkesboroDude has been posting. Need Pack back; and of course if Robert started posting again that would be something.  

Yep. When Wilkes county gets mentioned as much as Wake in the storm thread, you know something's up.

• Like 1

[mention=10224]tramadoc[/mention], I saw your diabetes post. My sister is in rounds to become a PA in Texas and about a month ago, someone came in her ER with a foot that had fallen off a leg due to diabetic gangrene. She asked my sister if she could keep it. LOL.
I'm just wondering how someone can get that far. The neuropathy associated with nerve death from hyperglycemia is excruciating. That had to take years of non-compliance.

Just now, tramadoc said:
2 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:
[mention=10224]tramadoc[/mention], I saw your diabetes post. My sister is in rounds to become a PA in Texas and about a month ago, someone came in her ER with a foot that had fallen off a leg due to diabetic gangrene. She asked my sister if she could keep it. LOL.

I'm just wondering how someone can get that far. The neuropathy associated with nerve death from hyperglycemia is excruciating. That had to take years of non-compliance.

She told me pt drove in from an hour outside of midland. I’m guessing care couldn’t reach her? Who knows.

She told me pt drove in from an hour outside of midland. I’m guessing care couldn’t reach her? Who knows.
I took some training at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo, TX. Not too far from Midland/Odessa in the Permian Basin. That is nowhere territory out there. Midland/Odessa is defined as the middle of nowhere. If that patient came from an hour away, where were they? Hell?

9 hours ago, tramadoc said:
9 hours ago, Queencitywx said:

I took some training at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo, TX. Not too far from Midland/Odessa in the Permian Basin. That is nowhere territory out there. Midland/Odessa is defined as the middle of nowhere. If that patient came from an hour away, where were they? Hell?

I want to say she came in from the south so yeah, probably the hinterlands.

• Like 1

Normally, I'd be excited for the upcoming event, but my wife had an inpatient procedure scheduled for tomorrow at Wake Med-Cary, after which she'll be discharged. I hate driving in anything other than sunny weather. Not looking forward to the 1 hr. + drive each way tomorrow. At least the roads around the hospital should be OK, I guess.

1 minute ago, Solak said:

Normally, I'd be excited for the upcoming event, but my wife had an inpatient procedure scheduled for tomorrow at Wake Med-Cary, after which she'll be discharged. I hate driving in anything other than sunny weather. Not looking forward to the 1 hr. + drive each way tomorrow. At least the roads around the hospital should be OK, I guess.

I'm a half mile from there. I'll keep you posted.

I have never seen so many people get fired up over a 1/2 day quick hitter.  This is a leaf blower snow.  This isnt enough precip to water the garden in spring.  It'll be gone in a day.....so fluffy it just evaporate on the ground.  Yet here we are.  ❄☃❄

On a bright note, I think 4" will bring us to annual avgs in the triad.  Maybe not this storm, but inching closer.  

4 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

I have never seen so many people get fired up over a 1/2 day quick hitter.  This is a leaf blower snow.  This isnt enough precip to water the garden in spring.  It'll be gone in a day.....so fluffy it just evaporate on the ground.  Yet here we are.  ❄☃❄

On a bright note, I think 4" will bring us to annual avgs in the triad.  Maybe not this storm, but inching closer.  

For me personally, part of it is that temps look to cooperate for the most part.  Fighting temps in the GSP to CLT to RDU corridor wears on you...so you perk up a bit when temps are pretty good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solak said:

If there's one road that will be fine it's 40. Get on 70 bypass to 40 but watch the onramp off 70bypass as it's all concrete and always an issue. Im anticipating the brine getting washed off down our way but not so much toward wake county so roads may improve as you get closer. 

• jburns pinned this topic
  • jburns unpinned this topic