• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018 Banter Thread

jburns

This weather board is virtually un-readable when theres not a a storm on our door step (mods arent watching closely). So many internet tough guys and dip s**ts that dont show any respect to other people. You try and look at mid term discussion and all you see is people bashing each other. I guess thats why the other forum has grown so popular...its a shame!

45 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

This weather board is virtually un-readable when theres not a a storm on our door step (mods arent watching closely). So many internet tough guys and dip s**ts that dont show any respect to other people. You try and look at mid term discussion and all you see is people bashing each other. I guess thats why the other forum has grown so popular...its a shame!

Honestly, the last storm was just downright awful, as far as reading goes.

1 hour ago, oconeexman said:

Some are but overall not to many. Still, this is the best place to get what I need in the weather world. Just like life, you got to read between the bull ****. 

1 hour ago, oconeexman said:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oconeexman said:

When you see that, the best thing to do is report it. Mods will take care of it.

• Like 1

Well I've seen plenty of bickering and infighting on that "other" board myself so it's not immune to it. I've seen Brick raked over the coals plenty of times over there. My perception of the "other" board is that there tends to be more folks from the Western portions of the SE such as Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee that post on that board. This board tends to have more folks from the Eastern portions of the SE such as SC, NC, and VA that post on it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrdaddyman said:

Well I've seen plenty of bickering and infighting on that "other" board myself so it's not immune to it. I've seen Brick raked over the coals plenty of times over there. My perception of the "other" board is that there tends to be more folks from the Western portions of the SE such as Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee that post on that board. This board tends to have more folks from the Eastern portions of the SE such as SC, NC, and VA that post on it.

image.thumb.png.2c10b4cc7746e878148687568fbcd55f.png

They are watching...

22 minutes ago, mrdaddyman said:

That's fine. I'm not putting them down. I've posted several times over there and they seem to be good folks.

That wasn't my point.  Sorry.  My point was too vague and obviously fell flat.  I was trying to imply that this "other board" is like the Illuminati.  They are constantly referenced here, but no one seems to know a whole lot about them.  Just like the supposed overlords of the entire world.  Joke fail, on my part.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

There's about as much overlap of posters as there are groups who only post exclusively on one board or the other now.  We are they are us.

I did sign up but I just don't have time to follow two boards. I'll stick with this site which does have more posters from our area (...as mrdaddyman said). 

• Like 2

On 1/9/2018 at 10:38 AM, mrdaddyman said:

Now I can see how much snow I'm not going to get with better accuracy:

http://www.noaa.gov/media-release/noaa-kicks-off-2018-with-massive-supercomputer-upgrade

Nope. It will take a massive software upgrade to accomplish that.  A massive supercomputer upgrade will only allow them to get the same forecast out more quickly.

• Haha 1

• jburns pinned this topic
  • jburns unpinned this topic