• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Baroclinic Zone

Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

QPF actually isn't as good as 00z run for coastal areas between PVD to PWM but... it's significantly better for DE Maine.

Still a moderate event for I-95 areas east of Hartford/Springfield.

Yeah this run was better overall despite maybe a little letdown for the qpf queens in E MA. It was more amped aloft. At this point still 96-108 hours out that is what you want to see. Improvements aloft. Worry about qpf very late in the game...not at 4 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this run was better overall despite maybe a little letdown for the qpf queens in E MA. It was more amped aloft. At this point still 96-108 hours out that is what you want to see. Improvements aloft. Worry about qpf very late in the game...not at 4 days. 

Agree. Looking at the bigger picture, this was a great improvement. 

Lol wouldn't that be rain with the low over your area?. I would think a more eastward track would bring in more snow than rain. 

I don't just froth over snow. Big wind is much rarer than big snow here. We take

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Umm I hate a track over Cape Cod we need the snow not the western areas

After the last few years and that comment.. I hope it tracks over your fanny!! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We don't take lol the big wind we had last time knocked out power to lots of people. Big snow is where it's at.

Keep dreaming. Ain't happening. As you get older you learn to appreciate anything that is weather extreme. You'll learn that.

11 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Umm I hate a track over Cape Cod we need the snow not the western areas

The cape cod ski resorts are struggling this year.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Agreed.  Looked like the Euro took a bit more time to get going which likely led to the lower "totals" in E MA but it's a great look so I toss the output.

• Like 1