Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I hate that term bomb cyclone. Does everything have to get absurd these days?

You know I've been meaning to post up about this all day.....Dylan Dreyer used it this morning on the Today show......I thought "Oh Jesus here we go again".....remember that winter of the "Polar Vortex".......stupid AF.....anyway I can't stop starting at the GOES 16 imagery......thing is ripping a hole in space south of Hat....incredible

The ole 495 10-7 Split, who knows what will verify, but moneypitmike measuring 13" of fluff would be fun lol

Ill be in Manch all day for snow removal

Seems banding will be ok there for a bit

1 minute ago, ice1972 said:

You know I've been meaning to post up about this all day.....Dylan Dreyer used it this morning on the Today show......I thought "Oh Jesus here we go again".....remember that winter of the "Polar Vortex".......stupid AF.....anyway I can't stop starting at the GOES 16 imagery......thing is ripping a hole in space south of Hat....incredible

Bombogenesis well underway

How far west will she wobble

8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There's got tbeauty nasty sting jet on this thing  right now. 

Starting to get that bent back warm front look, and the way the cloud tops are warming (descending) on the edge of that cusp point towards some significant wind coming down from aloft.

Its time to put away models and LOOK at the Beauty of This thing now. Cache this.

Its blowing a hole in the atmosphere now and gonna slide more Due N next few hrs

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Its time to put away models and LOOK at the Beauty of This thing now. Cache this.

Its blowing a hole in the atmosphere now and gonna slide more NW next few hrs

I wish there was a buoy in that zone, but it's kind of a data gap right now. I believe every bit of the HRRR 90 knot forecast gust off Cape Lookout right now.

Classic display of a sting jet formation, right down to the outflow producing low level clouds at the tip of the jet.

Archived