Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Already snowing in Southern CT, here we go.

RAD_MOS_REG_NE_L2WINTER_ANI.gif.ec357f2aac4915d37a7448ad556b8abd.gif

Is that hitting the ground thought?  Is this gonna be a wall?  Or do we have to wait for the surface to saturate?  Boxing Day was like that and then when it finally started snowing the slut showed up.......dry slut I meant

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I think it we'll take the over on this storm. Not gonna dissapoint hardly anyone in CT.

I said yesterday that the sporadic nature of the precipitation on the modeling didn’t look correct to my untrained eye for a storm of this supposed magnitude ...thought it would be much more uniform across SNE as a whole...perhaps that’s indeed gonna happen now? 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

I said yesterday that the sporadic nature of the precipitation on the modeling didn’t look correct to my untrained eye for a storm of this supposed magnitude ...thought it would be much more uniform across SNE as a whole...perhaps that’s indeed gonna happen now? 

Just might......I have Feb 2013 front and center.....that was so epic

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Looks that way, if you recall many pages back that Will said the QPF maps will fill in, in later runs, and they did. Based on the upper level look and track/intensity of the storm the QPF maps weren't matching up. I had 6-12 when, like youre saying, it didn't look right. 

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Looks that way, if you recall many pages back that Will said the QPF maps will fill in, in later runs, and they did. Based on the upper level look and track/intensity of the storm the QPF maps weren't matching up. I had 6-12 when, like youre saying, it didn't look right. 

Ya we were thinking the same thing/way..nice call Seasons.  Nice Meteorology not modelology on your part.

Archived