joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at mesoscale analysis,  Model trends,current radar, current observations, i beleive there is a high bust potential on the low side for the eastern Delmarva.

Salisbury area,etc and a few other spots may be into the ridiculous rates for several hours tonite, and i see a legit chance for a few spots there to pop 20 inches in a small area just off ocean.

50 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya , i mean 952 off hatteras Is an exclamation point on that.

When mid levels rapidly explode and close off 500 miles SE of D.C ....its a flag for That ( i have thought) But you did mention last nite there was a signal for banding up to 6 hrs in NE MA/SE NH

Yeah, I think 6 would be about the max anyone should be expecting. Which is why we aren't seeing through the roof snowfall forecasts.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah, I think 6 would be about the max anyone should be expecting. Which is why we aren't seeing through the roof snowfall forecasts.

Conceivably, someone can get 15 inches in these 6 hours and maybe 4 the rest of the storm.  19 inches ain’t hay!

53 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The sheer size of that thing was ridiculous...it literally had a WAA thump like 800 miles out ahead of it...we were getting S+ on a WAA thump while Atlanta was getting a CCB. A true triple phasing hemispheric monster...special kind of event that doesn't really follow the rules of 95% of our storms. Our WAA thump was basically coming from the Caribbean.

the amazing thing about the superstorm.....I was in ottawa on the western fringes and i do mean fringe...when the snow started it was a WALL of snow. snowed 20 inches in 10 hours.... that was on the EDGE of the storm hundreds of miles away from the center.  never have i seen it snow and blow so hard in ottawa (there is no water or lake enhancement there).

total anomaly, death band wasnt really a band, but more like just death....lol.

but i dont have the knowledge and understanding to wrap my head around it like yourself...

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Conceivably, someone can get 15 inches in these 6 hours and maybe 4 the rest of the storm.  19 inches ain’t hay!

Of course not. But the tendency is for continually pushing the totals up, up, and up. 

If this was going to town south of LI, I would be on board with 20+, but this is just too far south to be super confident in that right now.

1 minute ago, Organizing Low said:

the amazing thing about the superstorm.....I was in ottawa on the western fringes and i do mean fringe...when the snow started it was a WALL of snow. snowed 20 inches in 10 hours.... that was on the EDGE of the storm hundreds of miles away from the center.  never have i seen it snow and blow so hard in ottawa.

total anomaly, death band wasnt really a band, but more like just death....lol.

but i dont have the knowledge and understanding to wrap my head around it like yourself...

:lol:

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Of course not. But the tendency is for continually pushing the totals up, up, and up. 

If this was going to town south of LI, I would be on board with 20+, but this is just too far south to be super confident in that right now.

If there was a system to pull it off, it would be this one....but agreed, can't forecast over 20".

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Euro is juicy. It has come west every single run for like 8 in a row now?

I wonder if it just is behind the curve on the whole setup...it seems after 12-18 hours n every run it tries to drag the thing northeast along that finger of lower pressures...but then as it gets to the next cyle, it maintains the main low longer.

Archived