Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Tippy posted a link a few pages back with the wind field. Looked like two with the eastern being the stronger entity. Has induced neurosis in this weenie for sure.

well .. i wasn't making a statement with it i just thought it was an interesting if not mesmerizing product to look at... I'm not sure what that's really from - so don't quote me on that.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ray it's kind of comical but you have the 12-20" line a nd the 10-16" line disecting Wilmington. Litterally.  Not sure you did that consciously or not.  We'll see what the banding actually truely does in the end.  I think we do just fine in the end.  Good luck and Enjoy the storm!:snowman:

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

Ray it's kind of comical but you have the 12-20" line a nd the 10-16" line disecting Wilmington. Litterally.  Not sure you did that consciously or not.  We'll see whqt the banding actually truely does in the end.  I think we do just fine in the end.  Good luck and Enjoy the storm!:snowman:

I thought about that lol....was waiting for someone to call me on it, but just called it as I saw it.

i like Ray's call, hard to say if that is the final outcome, it nudges slightly west or slightly east, only time will tell.

if you ask me  as a  pattern/model peruser (and not analyzer)...eliminating the noise, you won't get a better shot at more severe winter weather down in SE mass and metro boston , good luck enjoy the storm, look forward to radar posts, obs and pics    :mapsnow: 

Models are now taking turns trying to impress each other. RGEM found the highest cliff and did a sextuple back flip.

This 949 mb depiction at 24h has superstorm potential, wind impacts may have considerable public safety implications.

Could see this setting up 3-5" an hour snowfall bands, only short duration prevents this from going to record totals, but even so some jackpots near 30" likely. Severe blowing and drifting and lethal cold during and after snowfall. 

I know you're ready but is New England ready? Would hope there's a total travel ban issued, almost any travel would probably be pointless and would lead to many people getting stranded, or worse. 

1 minute ago, Roger Smith said:

Models are now taking turns trying to impress each other. RGEM found the highest cliff and did a sextuple back flip.

This 949 mb depiction at 24h has superstorm potential, wind impacts may have considerable public safety implications.

Could see this setting up 3-5" an hour snowfall bands, only short duration prevents this from going to record totals, but even so some jackpots near 30" likely. Severe blowing and drifting and lethal cold during and after snowfall. 

I know you're ready but is New England ready? Would hope there's a total travel ban issued, almost any travel would probably be pointless and would lead to many people getting stranded, or worse. 

:weenie:

Archived