Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Overall from about 60 hours out, gotta hand it to the non-hydrostatics. They dominated the globals who still mostly had a scraper at 60 hours. 

This was a classic system though for them to have a rare medium range advantage over the globals. 

you could almost 'sense' that happening, too -

i remember typing two days ago that we should expect the frh grid to pour in with 1.5 at Logan ... that pretty much happened that next run or the one after -

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

you could almost 'sense' that happening, too -

i remember typing two days ago that we should expect the frh grid to pour in with 1.5 at Logan ... that pretty much happened that next run or the one after -

Srn s/w's traversing the deep south. Almost like a proverb from the cave drawings deep in the Mashantucket woods of Ginxy land.  "Shortwave go through deep south...snow come north to SNE..."

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I love how TBlizz consistently meh’s his way to jackpots in big events. He’s prob seen a handful of 20” inch systems in the last 5 years compared to my 00000000s. 

Painfully annoying. Would love that band to set up 30-50 miles west. Alas, doesn’t seem to want to happen, as usual.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I think we all can find the model that "screws us" and "jacks us"..lol. Hopefully that's an just an issue with model resolving bands at that time. Reggie was sweet there.

Yeah the rgem was amazing. Euro was pretty sweet too. Anyways...it will be a fun storm regardless of where the bands set up. Beats 45F and partly cloudy. 

Archived