Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

5 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

but there won't be one as amazing in so many other ways, I totally get the frustration....maybe we squeak out a 2006 miracle or this is another heartbreaker

Oh I get it totally...but I don’t let it get to me anymore like I used too.  If I can get 8-10 I’ll be happy.  

Feb 2006 I was forecast to get 8-15, and got 24 inches...that ain’t happening with this thing.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Greg said:

You see that.  The two swirling counter clockwise storms northest of Florida.  That is why your models had a hard time. Two seperate storms fighting for power instead of one big slow moving  one.

so then they were never "wrong" about the dual low structure....actually it seems like the models have all done a pretty great job so far

4 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

so then they were never "wrong" about the dual low structure....actually it seems like the models have all done a pretty great job so far

What I'm trying to say is that if there was one storm, then all the power would be in it and the consintration of energy would be near the coastline ( Baroclinicic Zone) and give you western Mass peeps a really decent chance.

17 minutes ago, Greg said:

You see that.  The two swirling counter clockwise storms northest of Florida.  That is why your models had a hard time. Two seperate storms fighting for power instead of one big slow moving  one.

That's got me shook. Thinking that east one dominates and pulls the other one in. That might account for those weird sudden eastward leaps some of the mesos have been doing. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

OKX talked about 3-5 meso lows rotating around and mucking things up. It still may not make the difference to track it 50 miles west but if we can consolidate it...that would help with the inflow and throw heavier precip left.

Was thinking about this... I'm actually not sure we want this to consolidate into one "superlow" (OKX's term) earlier... I wonder if the bobbling multiple lows keeps this from maturing too early, keeping the best dynamics south of us.

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Decent step by RGEM towards consensus. 

Poor performance by 12z/18z runs today, it (and CMC) were real outliers.

Actually looks similar to Euro now.

Seems metro Boston is in a great spot. On most solutions they are cleaning up regardless of the mid level goodies shifting around each run. So much low level forcing there along with no hint of dryslotting. 

Out in the 495 belt I feel pretty good too but a few of the eastern rgem runs made me a little nervous. But 00z makes me feel better. Pretty good consensus now as mentioned. 

Overall from about 60 hours out, gotta hand it to the non-hydrostatics. They dominated the globals who still mostly had a scraper at 60 hours. 

This was a classic system though for them to have a rare medium range advantage over the globals. 

Archived