SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a huge disparity between Euro and NAM... either NAM is just being NAM (verbatim that's 2'+ amounts in eastern SNE this run), or Euro is way behind all the mesos, because 18z RGEM looked like a nuke too

What an incredible evolution... I'm still amazed this continues to intensify after it seems like it's occluding off NC/VA

Of course this is going to happen when I'm in western long island, I knew it before I left.  Have to hope to win out and get under a decent outer band here. 

I have to say, with all that OES occurring, I bet Newport gets screwed (relatively) anyway with subsidence downstream, as per the usual. Still will outperform western long island though, of course.  Damnit.  Will be fun to watch this thing bomb out.

Notice how there is no Blizzard Watches up? I think the NWS did away with those, i could be wrong but i saw somewhere in the NWS they were consolidating watches/warnings/advisories yet again...doing awat with blizzard watches, lake effect snow watches/warnings, freezing rain advisories etc...

Thats why we had a winter wx adv last time there was a ZR event here, no more freezing rain adv either...I know OceanSt will correct me if im wrong

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Notice how there is no Blizzard Watches up? I think the NWS did away with those, i could be wrong but i saw somewhere in the NWS they were consolidating watches/warnings/advisories yet again...doing awat with blizzard watches, lake effect snow watches/warnings, freezing rain advisories etc...

Thats why we had a winter wx adv last time there was a ZR event here, no more freezing rain adv either...I know OceanSt will correct me if im wrong

Blizz watch gone, blizz warn stays.

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yup. Those went buh bye

1 minute ago, jlauderdal said:

Fyi, MIA NWS went with the gfs for development off the peninsula...euro was throwing off multiple llc's tomorrow and that seems highly unlikely so it was discounted for the genesis of the center tomorrow afternoon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lol, It was tossed up here.

Archived