joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely confident of at least warning snows east of say an ORH-MHT line. Obviously may be a bit better than warning snows inside 128. Still weary of widespread > 12-15'' totals even for E MA given how fast it is moving but the dynamics are damn impressive. Would be an absolute monster if it were just a hair slower. 

42 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Man I am so jealous of you guys right now. You can see run by run each model is just coming around to a major to historic event up there. I probably won't get to chase so enjoy it for me!

Imagine if we had a -NAO? Historic for sure.

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Would be nice to have the NCAR ensmeble tonight...:cry:

I’m stressing. I can’t find a weenie model that jackpots me. Kinda scary at this range.

Seriously though...there’s a lot of time to go. I’m hoping the convection goes bonkers down in the SE.

2 hours ago, The Graupler said:

With the high winds looks like power outages and cold will probably lead to some fatalities and a lot of damage that will cost hundreds of millions to replace... not good.  I worry about the elderly and low income people who once they lose power could succumb to the below zero temps Saturday.  Scary stuff to consider when frothing at the mouth over the opportunity to shovel. 

In all honestly, why do you even post in here? Ok we get it, you hate big storms, cold and snow. This is a weather forum. It's where people come that like the phenomenons of weather. It's one thing to hate winter, the cold and snow and just enjoy the science of weather from a summer standpoint but it's another to come in here and post the pessimistic, negative garbage that you do regarding every winter event. You should strongly consider moving south of here because the winter storms around here are probably only going to get bigger and stronger in our lifetime. Just my 2 cents. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’m stressing. I can’t find a weenie model that jackpots me. Kinda scary at this range.

Seriously though...there’s a lot of time to go. I’m hoping the convection goes bonkers down in the SE.

Come game time we’ll all be congratulating dendrite.

I’ll get a better look at work, but my guess is there will be forcing west of that QPF max.

Archived