SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd sell that 957 at hr 48 on the 12z euro. I'm not buying this warm-core TC rapid deepening all the way up to 35N. I don't see the mechanism to drive that type of deepening and it certainly isn't going to be tropically derived forcing in January over 70-75F SST's...

This evolution needs to change across guidance and fast because to me, outside of the UL changes through 30 hr--little else makes sense here.

Just now, WxBlue said:

GYX fired up WS watches. Mentioned possible blizzard conditions along the coastline.

Seems very prudent.  Should be a very fun event within a couple counties of the coast for the wind/snow combo.

*That doesn't mean it won't be a fun event inland, before someone jumps on that. 

I envision some large cyclonic band paralleling the coastline from Maine through NH and into E.SNE. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Seems very prudent.  Should be a very fun event within a couple counties of the coast for the wind/snow combo.

*That doesn't mean it won't be a fun event inland, before someone jumps on that. 

Right now, it doesn't sound like they'll pull blizzard warnings beyond the coastal zones. We'll see.

yup, agreed ... 

hard to get upper tier impact from storm moving at ludicrous speed - ... 

I am wondering .. could there be some poorly modeled QPF lagging back because that is an awful lot of cyclonic curvature and on-going height falls still pushing through after the coastal has transgressed and moved away...

Archived