Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

10 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

At this point I think the most likely track is probably a lot closer than most models are showing to southern New England, and it may turn into a huge snowfall event. My reasoning is that indications are already showing up that cyclogenesis has started over the eastern GOMEX and both the northern and chasing energy centers will be drawn in at even faster rates than models are showing. This may explode a low near Hatteras rather than out to sea, and lead to a track straight up the Gulf Stream towards Cape Cod. The various model flirtations with extreme low pressure likely mean that this will deepen to the 950s as early as 3rd near Hatteras and the end result will be a widespread northeast U.S. blizzard. 

It will slide inland over Maine but highly occluded at that point, and end up in the western Gulf of St Lawrence. 

When will models show this evolution? Late 1st or early 2nd. 

This may resemble the Jan 1978 superstorm on a track from east of Florida to Maine instead of Alabama to Lake Huron. 

I think there's too much energy stored up here, waiting to explode, for some of these OTS scenarios, and the SSTs are anomalously warm on the east coast. It will try to hug the coast long enough to force the flow around it rather than pushing it along. 

I'm voting for this...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would have thought that, too....I apologize, Don...I was just pissed. Honestly not directed at you.
My fault.

This is all my fault. I was inspired by Jerry and decided to have whiskey with the Euro. Best choice I had was Gentleman Jack and that clearly put a whammy on the 0Z Euro. All will be right with the world at 12Z !

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

RikC!!  Reunion of the old old guard from irc.  We need Logan11!   Sadly, scottne has left this earth....

Happy New Year Eric!

mIRC was the best! Hard to believe that was 18 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Dryslot what happend with the evolution of this terd. Say it was the "kicker "

Have not looked at anything tonight, Was out at a party and on mobile, But i would say the Northern stream vortmax probably looked like crap this run for this to be further east and flat.

Archived