Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Observations

mackerel_sky

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, downeastnc said:

10 here in eastern NC hope to see 9 so we can say we hit single digits this year.....though after the snow Thur I think we have another shot at it Friday night.....

Last night it looked like I was a lock for single digits, then weirdly it jumped up from 13 to 16 for a while.  Went to bed and woke up around 7 am and it was 10.  I was a bit bummed but while i was getting ready for work, it snuck down to 9.  So I am stoked.  Currently sitting at 12.

I was thinking that the fire ants have to be taking a beating during this snap.  Long periods below freezing and not even any snow cover to insulate.

We made it all the way to 38.3 today. Not much of the snow melted. Down to 34.0 already at 6pm. Still several inches on ground. The ice is still there. Going for one of the coldest nights we’ve had in a long time. Teens possibly all the way to the coast. This morning some PWSs in Summerville were recording 11 and 12 degrees. That’s the coldest we’ve had since the 1989 snow. 

22.1 on James Island this morning. Just got above freezing at 32 at 11 o’clock. Most places this morning in the Lowcountry even a few miles inland got into the teens this AM. Moncks Corner went down to 8. Goose Creek to 10.2. The snowpack remaining has made it colder than we have seen since 1989. 1/21/85 went down to 6 degrees at the Charleston airport. This morning the airport went down to 16.

Archived