Newest Member
    joxey
DECEMBER 30, OBS

penndotguy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Pretty amazed there wasn't any virga w/the DP at 13F. As soon as the radar showed snow over me....looked outside and it was snowing.

That's because the temps are low too (so higher relative humidity).  If the temps had been closer to 30 with that dp, it would have been harder to wring out the moisture.  Dp here is 7F.

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

That's because the temps are low too (so higher relative humidity).  If the temps had been closer to 30 with that dp, it would have been harder to wring out the moisture.  Dp here is 7F.

Ok...I gotcha.

Don't like the way the radar/precip is shrinking. Balt and DC are done...

5 minutes ago, wkd said:

Light snow.  Everything has a light coating and if we get the forcasted  inch it will stay around for quite a while.

Looking nice outside, close to 3/4" so far....back edge is pretty close down here although depending on how things morph out to the west-southwest still may get a little more. I can imagine a lot of sublimation over the next couple of days but an inch should have some staying power.  I'm gonna add this to the snow pile - still have at least 2 feet of height on the pile from earlier this month :).

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Moderate snow 18F. Nice coating so far....for technical purposes the board has .4" accum.

Just took a Jeb-drive onto County line - 611/Easton Rd - Street Rd - York Rd. All covered and snowing moderately. Really think I received more than .4" from cleaning off the car and walking. Think I'm in the .6 -.7" range. 1.5+" is definitely do-able...

Just took a Jeb-drive onto County line - 611/Easton Rd - Street Rd - York Rd. All covered and snowing moderately. Really think I received more than .4" from cleaning off the car and walking. Think I'm in the .6 -.7" range. 1.5+" is definitely do-able...
This moderate band is accumulating nicely. The .4" was measured at 7:40.....up to .9" now at 8:15. Nice little high ratio event!

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:
18 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

This moderate band is accumulating nicely. The .4" was measured at 7:40.....up to .9" now at 8:15. Nice little high ratio event!

Light/fluffy as hell....you could actually use a leaf blower to remove when it stops. But I don't want to make noise (I hate the sound) nor do I want to look like a redneck. A shovel will do. Really want to hit 2+"... 

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Overperformer.....heaviest banding is setup right over my area....N Delco, SE Montco, Central to Southern Bucks into NE PHL. Officially just hit the 10" total mark for this season (December) with a 1.4" measurement on the board at 8:40AM. Great start to the season. 

We are in a good spot! 3"+?

3.jpg

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Measured 1.0" here just now, currently very light snow, hopefully a little more to come. 19F. Congrats on the nice totals so far north of here! Always extra nice to get snow on the weekend!

Snow-Saturday-12-30-17.jpg

Also extra nice to know it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Starting to get the mound/pile going again I see...good stuff.

Just now, Birds~69 said:

Also extra nice to know it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Starting to get the mound/pile going again I see...good stuff.

Yeah, lol. We're going to push as much of that 1" on the driveway as we can onto this baby. Broom works pretty good, probably broom it to the pile and then use a shovel. Good stuff indeed!

Archived