• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New Years 2018 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

Snowstorms just don't form over warm subtropical waters so this pretty much has to try to hug the coast, and any depictions of coastal blizzards in SC will probably morph into heavy snow more than 30 miles inland and a cold rain near the coast, freezing rain is difficult to establish when there are strong surface winds. My guess is that the storm is already starting to form in the eastern Gulf of Mexico, looks that way on satellite imagery and from ship reports. Would say the proto-low is around 27N 86W now and will ripple across n/c FL tomorrow setting off that bomb over the Gulf Stream. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Micro analyze h5 all you want, but there has been no significant changes wrt to our sensible weather for this event over the last 7 runs of the GFS. For whatever thats worth.

yep...there is a tick here and there on the GFS run...ticks dont help us one bit

I could at least live with CMC. Verbatim, NYC and Boston do well but barely hit double digits, it appears.

Either way, we still have a shot. Hopefully, NAM is on to something. GFS could be right but I tend to doubt it. I don't think any models have it figured out yet. If they did, they wouldn't keep jumping around and the solutions wouldn't keep changing.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived