Newest Member
    joxey
New Years 2018 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

I'd love to know where they are seeing the UKMET. Meteocentre doesn't have it yet and they are usually the first to get it. 

There's a French site that shows europe and the US is sideways at the edge of the panels. Comes out early but makes my head hurt looking at it so I deleted the link. 

Just now, psurulz said:

I'm going with the crankywxguy.  No real decision on this storm until Monday or Tuesday when all the players are on the field.

Only issue is, it's hard to get DC, much less Western Burbs, in play if we aren't at least within 50 miles or less of accumulating snow on Monday. Trend would have to go 100 miles+ to the West to actually put us securely in the game. 

5 minutes ago, high risk said:

It's been noted previously, but this run emphasizes that even without a direct impact to the big cities, the cold air will be pouring in behind this storm.  The mid-Atlantic and northeast are going to be stupid cold on Friday.

this is an unusual period of cold.  i actually don't even remember such a lengthy cold blast.  i don't know if it's been since 94, but i can't think of another period since then (when all is said and done).

Just now, mitchnick said:

It is becoming obvious that the new data on this run has effected the development of the storm to our detriment.  If it holds, we're sunk because the trend has ended.

Agreed...It started with the Nam.  Please just stick a fork in this so I can move on with my life. lol

It is becoming obvious that the new data on this run has effected the development of the storm to our detriment.  If it holds, we're sunk because the trend has ended.
Everytime we are at a crossroads the next run derails us. Ugh

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

this is an unusual period of cold.  i actually don't even remember such a lengthy cold blast.  i don't know if it's been since 94, but i can't think of another period since then (when all is said and done).

Agree without real snow on the ground.  If we had snow it might be even colder. 

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I'm thinking the same thing mitch. Unless I'm missing something or I don't know what I'm looking at, I could see it coming early. Like at hr30. Track the shortwave in the goa as it goes through canada. It's weaker than on all previous runs. That thing is the troughbuilder for conus impacts. 

gfs_z500_vort_namer_6.png

6 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

I love that COLD after the 'storm'. Whoh!! Brown ground and bitter. We take what we can get. 

There is snow on roads that never melted today. The winds are kicking up enough that residual snow and salt are blowing over roads at times like a North Dakota blizzard. I saw snow blowing off buildings tonight at 1040pm during my jebwalk.

9 minutes ago, Ji said:

Everytime we are at a crossroads the next run derails us. Ugh

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nah, just time to focus on the lake erie streamer and hope it makes it over 48 ridges before it gets here. And then we can work on tracking 2 inches of snow before the rain washes it away. Just don't look at the gfs. Only 9 days away too so there's that. 

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_35.png

21 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

There's a French site that shows europe and the US is sideways at the edge of the panels. Comes out early but makes my head hurt looking at it so I deleted the link. 

I can see why... I just found it.   Meteocentre's graphics never looked so good.

https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?archive=0&mode=&ech=120&nh=1&carte=1021

CEbkXlG.png

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived