SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New Years 2018 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scanned through the eps for d9-10. Not many clean snow storms but a lot of mixed events with zr being the most common. The eps can have a herd mentality inside of 10 days so part of that is because the op went west. Will be interesting to track and see if seasonal trend wins or opening the door for a west track marks the beginning of a new regime. 

I think it will be something in the middle with Snow to ZR not rain ( let’s get some qpf in here )

16 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yep, and it's why I think the weeklies suck. We're just not there yet. You can't roll a d15 pattern forward when d15 is as stable as Mel Gibson. 

I agree. If anything persistance of features repeating in the West Pac and the Asain influence as well lead me to believe that if anything we might trend a bit less cold then go stormy and then maybe even harsh cold again.  Seems a battle is looming between the current Nina and the actual responses you see from it. Kind of like uncharted waters here. I am excited to track things and see the outcomes.  

Seems like warm off equator temps in the Epac + Wpac warm pool on roids are a good combo for cold. Might be able to keep it up through the next month or so at least too. If this pattern was going to break down it should've happened by now. Seasonal wavelengths/large scale atmos characteristics are already in their deep winter form by now and won't change much until the sun comes up again in late jan/feb

9 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

NS needs to dig to LA instead of FL and turn negative to pull it in.  This was a slight small step of improvement but I think it can only change so much in the time we have

This is so close. Unless the pattern changes significantly for the worse, I'm not giving up on this one until the end.

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

With the changes on the Gfs, there is no doubt in my mind the Euro will show a blizzard for NE. 

Well last night it showed a 953 low about 75 east miles of cape cod... I would imagine that would produce blizzard conditions.

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Ne snow

Just the nature of the beast Mitch. With their latitude they do both complicated and simple setups well. Late blooming and early developing storms as well. Here in the Mid-Atlantic we need simple and we need well timed to produce. He!!, my dog farts and NE gets a foot of snow whereas all I get for my troubles is a stench filled house.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived