Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2018 Model Discussion Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Plowsman said:

Those aforementioned towns are clearly part of the North jersey crowd! Monmouth, Mercer, Middlesex counties define Central Jersey. I'm in Freehold - center of Monmouth. See attached!d364766e476c307368d1f7efbc1a6c32.jpg&key=4394ad764a5d763da6cf6928ce443a7de9b47aa6a27256be68dcaf225fd15f57

Metuchen, Colonia, and Carteret are all Middlesex Co. Elizabeth is Union Co. In fact, we go by Mt Holly while Elizabeth is covered by Upton.

9 minutes ago, JERSEYSNOWROB said:

We should just go back to when it was east and west jersey!! Hahaha 

NJ-Land-Maps-1686.jpg

Indeed! But no one in Metuchen or Colonia would say we are in North Jersey....I believe that Elizabeth is the traditional beginning ( though Elizabeth and Rahway maxed out on Boxing Day; Rahway is the next town over from me and there were storms like Feb 2006 where we had significantly less. Throw Edison in the mix too they would consider themselves CNJ as well, "crossroads of NJ" and all...Thing is, we don't get the same storm amounts as NNJ either. It really is kinda weird I think it has something to do with the geography of Raritan Bay.

2 hours ago, The Plowsman said:

Those aforementioned towns are clearly part of the North jersey crowd! Monmouth, Mercer, Middlesex counties define Central Jersey. I'm in Freehold - center of Monmouth. See attached!d364766e476c307368d1f7efbc1a6c32.jpg&key=4394ad764a5d763da6cf6928ce443a7de9b47aa6a27256be68dcaf225fd15f57

LOL if you are south of the Driscoll Bridge you're south to me....but yeah Monmouth really is central NJ, but so is the southern portion of Hunterdon and Somerset. Guess I'm an IMBY weenie at heart.

7 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Outside of a light event, I don’t see how far we could shift in this range... imo, best shot is a deeper area of low pressure developing as our clipper pushes through, that second wave is far too progressive on all models, Euro was wayyy too amped and held back, and it corrected 

Agreed. There are major problems with the Tuesday - Thursday time frame, the flow is very flat and fast, the whole pattern is real progressive. The trough has a strong positive tilt and you have a major storm crashing into the +PNA ridge out west, deamplifying it and knocking it down. Aside from a very light clipper event I don’t see how that time frame produces anything more 

35 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Agreed. There are major problems with the Tuesday - Thursday time frame, the flow is very flat and fast, the whole pattern is real progressive. The trough has a strong positive tilt and you have a major storm crashing into the +PNA ridge out west, deamplifying it and knocking it down. Aside from a very light clipper event I don’t see how that time frame produces anything more 

I just can't.

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Really? Like this weekend? The entire metro didn’t even see a pellet of sleet let alone a flake of snow. 60 degrees and driving rain yesterday. Epic fail. You and him thought it was going to snow lol

Wait what ?

i thought it was gona snow this past weekend?

I will give you 5k right now if you find any post even alluding to that.

I mean this seriously,  I haven't come close to missing anything this year 

Go find the post , I will wait 

1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Ukie drops a couple clipper inches, maybe a tad more for eastern sections with some enhancement over warmer waters...but the low we need from our digging trough is about 800 miles offshore lol

It's a low along the front  + a clipper.

On 1/13/2018 at 11:34 PM, snowman19 said:

15 minutes ago, PB COLTS NECK NJ said:

Spiking the football before it happens. Anyway, here is the SREF greatest probability of seeing 4 or more inches of snow, nowhere near the metro area as you can see and even there, it’s a low probability. :-) This is a very minor system 

Archived