Newest Member
    joxey
January 2018 Model Discussion Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Might just be the northern stream forming something on its own. Who knows. It's very likely different from the model consensus, because a phase and track like that near the coast would be a 970s bomb. 

Personally, I think if we have a realistic shot, we need to forget the southern Stream, an amplified northern stream feature, and digging trough looks to be what could trend into our threat.. the GFS started towards a much less amplified SSW

33 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Might just be the northern stream forming something on its own. Who knows. It's very likely different from the model consensus, because a phase and track like that near the coast would be a 970s bomb. 

Absolutely. Its where we want to see the low but not the low we would see. It doesn’t make sense. Also that high position isn’t great, nothing keeping anything from escaping east. I agree with snowman for once it’s an arctic wave

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

We can work with that. Storm signal is still there that’s whats important right now. Having a sub 960 low just missing to the east would be painful though. It would drag down some ridiculously cold air

I think our shot is the northern stream... getting that to dig further south and be our main player 

Archived