Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 3-4 Storm Thread part II

rduwx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PackGrad05 said:

I see posts saying the preicp makes it to charlotte and then folks saying whiff for the triangle.

I still think east wake cashes in close to the joco line.

There is a band that does make it just to the east of CLT then the precip gets shunted off to the east instead of NE this run. 

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

3k Nam is like 3 hours of light snow.  It has been trending less since yesterday.  It's going to end up with a trace of virga by the time it's done.

What??? This Nam 3K run has moderate snow over you guys for hrs and is up to 2-3" of snow on the snow map with 2-3 more hrs of snow to update still....

The low is way too far east for big Triangle snow.  We're pretty much out of time for a major jump west.  So unless this is going to be a bust of epic proportions (i.e. 2000), which is unlikely, given better technology now vs. then, around 1" or so in the Raleigh area is probably the cap.  Going to be a nice hit for the coastal plain.  Hopefully, some of the coastal areas that don't usually get much snow will cash in.

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

The low is way too far east for big Triangle snow.  We're pretty much out of time for a major jump west.  So unless this is going to be a bust of epic proportions (i.e. 2000), which is unlikely, given better technology now vs. then, around 1" or so in the Raleigh area is probably the cap.  Going to be a nice hit for the coastal plain.  Hopefully, some of the coastal areas that don't usually get much snow will cash in.

Verbatim the 3km nam is 6-9" for all of Wake county. Not saying it's right but it's def more than just a few hours of light snow....

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

Need the RGEM to up its game in 30 mins and then the 3km and RGEM need to back it up tonight.  It’s a win if we can get a 1” of snow.  Most in 3 years.  

Archived