January 3-4 Storm Thread part II

rduwx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tramadoc said:
5 minutes ago, wake4est said:
LOL @ the snow hole on the NAM...
04135B71-BF16-4D85-A445-EF2BB76170EA.thumb.png.c6d02f258e83145dbbe9d6555f708f80.png

No way that verifies in KECG. I've had rain since 7pm and the temperature has been steadily climbing since about 830.

I think it is for Jan 7th

2 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Flakes improving just a bit wind blowing it around a bit....at this point though I can get snow like this all night and only get 4-5" need bigger flakes......

Wind picking up here too man.  Went for a walk and it’s really starting to swirl out there.  Hope you get a ton down there!

6 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Flakes improving just a bit wind blowing it around a bit....at this point though I can get snow like this all night and only get 4-5" need bigger flakes......

Agree, rates have picked up but it is not due to an increase on flake size.  RAX does look impressive with that slug coming up through the southern coastal plain and bands converging over Pitt.  Would like to see it hold that edge west of 95 for the next    couple hours and maybe get some semblance of a deform axis.

2 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Agree, rates have picked up but it is not due to an increase on flake size.  RAX does look impressive with that slug coming up through the southern coastal plain and bands converging over Pitt.  Would like to see it hold that edge west of 95 for the next    couple hours and maybe get sole semblance of a deform axis.

if the hi res NAMS and HRRR are right they call for 6-9" from here on out for Pitt Co....the ingredients are there its just a matter of making it all come together....heck the 00Z GFS just gave us 4-6" more....

Ok guys. I think it is winding down for me. I live 7 miles South of Dunn and like 4 miles East of 95 inside Sampson County. This storm for me was a under performer. Im pretty sure I didn't even get an inch. I got snow-holed early on so we got a late start. Once it did begin to snow I checked the radar from time to time and there it was again, that snow-hole. Can anyone explain why the snow-hole seem to be so persistent in and around certain areas?  Still a lot of winter left. I am very thankful to the Lord above for what I did receive. Congratulations to the ones who got lots of snow. Enjoy!!

3 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

those gravity waves.......basically its a firehose blasting moisture into eastern NC some of the radar returns are crazy....radar loop is SICK

https://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=mhx&loop=yes

That radar shows the center heading due north very different look than any HRRR run recently

Archived