Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 3-4 Storm Thread part II

rduwx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cmh90 said:

I’m still getting sleet here in Washington. Very jealous of those flakes you are getting. Do you know what’s keeping us from switching? 

You will be snow within 30 mins or so, the CC shows the sleet line steadily moving east now its about in line with Grimesland, I live in Simpson and am all snow with flakes growing quickly....

3 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

You will be snow within 30 mins or so, the CC shows the sleet line steadily moving east now its about in line with Grimesland, I live in Simpson and am all snow with flakes growing quickly....

That’s good to hear. I usually try to watch what you say when it comes to situations like these because there are very few people in this area and you seem to know what you are talking about. Earlier you were saying that warm air was something we wouldn’t have to worry about so I was just concerned that something had popped up. 

Just now, cmh90 said:

That’s good to hear. I usually try to watch what you say when it comes to situations like these because there are very few people in this area and you seem to know what you are talking about. Earlier you were saying that warm air was something we wouldn’t have to worry about so I was just concerned that something had popped up. 

Nah the models all had a weak 900mb warm nose but its easily overcome with rates its just those have sucked since its so dry its taken a long time to really saturate....the upside is all models give us 8-10" over the next 6-8 hrs, this is gonna be fun. 

5 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Dang! Thats awesome! An amazing amount of moisture being shunted inland and this thing is just starting out in deepening. Here's another image from that site

Screenshot from 2018-01-03 21-43-19.png

5 minutes ago, CaryNC2018 said:

Been snowing in southwest Cary for the last two hours pretty heavily.  Roads in our subdivision are covered. 27518

Trying to see if this will last more than an hr or so more (11pm) though.  That back edge is coming quickly

8 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Trying to see if this will last more than an hr or so more (11pm) though.  That back edge is coming quickly

The weaker returns out in Chatham Co. are producing more than I expected they would. It's let up a bit from before, but still coming down pretty good IMBY. I'd say you have a good shot.

Archived