SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 3-4 Storm Thread part II

rduwx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well UK at 72 looks east of CMC and way east of NAM...but we care about what happens before that.  But based on the 48 hour map, the trough doesn't look as sharp as the 0z run.  And assuming since nobody posted any precip out put from the 0z UK it couldn't have been good and this run looks worse.

3 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Well UK at 72 looks east of CMC and way east of NAM...but we care about what happens before that.  But based on the 48 hour map, the trough doesn't look as sharp as the 0z run.  And assuming since nobody posted any precip out put from the 0z UK it couldn't have been good and this run looks worse.

the 0z uk didn't look bad at all precip wise. snow all the way back to augusta. 

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

9 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

070e2e87c125f1f33369a958dc12ad45.jpg

My guess is he is talking about the PV low over the lakes...not the chaser.  The chaser definitely phases and definitely helps the southern piece go neutral/neg, hour 42.  At 66 you see the PV low drop down, that will not phase, if it did then yes, it would 93 redux.

Yep...makes sense what he says...in the NAM runs you see the PV low (NS) kick out the southern h5 low, which is why the heaver QPF never really makes it to central NC.

gem_z500_vort_us_8.png

gem_z500_vort_us_12.png

1 minute ago, packbacker said:

My guess is he is talking about the PV low over the lakes...not the chaser.  The chaser definitely phases and definitely helps the southern piece go neutral/neg, hour 42.  At 66 you see the PV low drop down, that will not phase, if it did then yes, it would 93 redux.

If that phased, we'd get rain. So I'm fine without a triple-phaser.

Just now, WidreMann said:

If that phased, we'd get rain. So I'm fine without a triple-phaser.

Yep...but the kicker part is the bigger worry now.  Been so focused on when those two pieces of energy phase and never considered the PV low swinging through and kicking it out.

Archived