joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 28-31 Snow Systems

Hoosier

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to do a core sample on this stuff and see what our LSR is.  It seems pretty fluffy.  I'm guessing ratios were decent, but the precip just wasn't as much as expected.  My dad just to the southwest in the QC says he has a good 5" there.  Looks like we just missed the heavy band here.  My forecast busted high on both the xmas eve snow, and today.  Guess I'll be more conservative for the next event.

7 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Would love to do a core sample on this stuff and see what our LSR is.  It seems pretty fluffy.  I'm guessing ratios were decent, but the precip just wasn't as much as expected.  My dad just to the southwest in the QC says he has a good 5" there.  Looks like we just missed the heavy band here.  My forecast busted high on both the xmas eve snow, and today.  Guess I'll be more conservative for the next event.

Yea the official at MLI as of 6pm is 5.1inches with 3.9 of that since noon.

2 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The north shift from this decent system pushed the QC over the futility record for least snowfall in a calendar year.  Dubuque has received a couple inches, which gets them pretty close to the record low.

Yeah MLI gave it a good run.  If this system could have held off 3 more days lol.  Dubuque had 1.9" today, which I believe will leave them around an inch under the record.

5 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Sitting at 3.1" at 2pm, still getting 0.4-0.5" per hour from small flakes.

Excited you guys got hit decently out there. We were more or less missed by the day portion of this storm. Just constant light flurries for 4 hours. But now this random band of snow has popped up right over us and so far has brought almost an inch more of snow and we'll likely get to a total of 1.5 for the storm, 4" on the ground.

12 minutes ago, McDude said:

Storm sucks.  Under performer.  Might not reach 2".    

Someone asked why this forum sucks.  Because you banned Alek.  And that person should be banned.  Also, Twitter.  Bye.

Wha?  Nobody banned Alek.  He decided to leave in November of last year, coinciding with a particular non-weather related event.  This has been mentioned repeatedly on this forum over the past year.

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Wha?  Nobody banned Alek.  He decided to leave in November of last year, coinciding with a particular non-weather related event.  This has been mentioned repeatedly on this forum over the past year.

Truth. A lot of the frequent and hardcore posters aren't around anymore though, especially from this area.

Archived