Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Saturday December 30 Snow Obs and Disco

SnowGolfBro

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yesterday my gf said she’d be willing to drive up there for the day today if I wanted to go. I’m kicking myself now, and my truck is really pissed. It wanted to do some 4 wheeling.

Never turn down a snow chase offer from your SO! ;)  

Wind is making it hard to measure.  Got 7”, 6.5”, 7.5”, 9” and 11”.  I’ll go with 7.5” so far  

6 minutes ago, UVVmet84 said:

Interesting you said that. Everything becoming covered again in Ellicott City near the Starbucks on Richards Valley. Coming down pretty well. 

True this! Just got home. A nice little surprise. Was coming down moderately in a few spots—well at least observed in the headlights anyway. 

12 minutes ago, UVVmet84 said:

Interesting you said that. Everything becoming covered again in Ellicott City near the Starbucks on Richards Valley. Coming down pretty well. 

4 minutes ago, Scraff said:

True this! Just got home. A nice little surprise. Was coming down moderately in a few spots—well at least observed in the headlights anyway. 

Yup, extra layer of fluff on everything.  

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Canaan reporting storm total of 10 inches through 4pm. 

Yeah these patterns are perfect for the mountains here and Canaan.  And Canaan always does better than here with their higher elevation.  They’ll definitely get at least a foot.  I’m happy for the ski resorts with this pattern given the timing of increased crowds for the holiday week.  

7 hours ago, Ka60 said:

Das I just measured three spots.  1”, .9 and 1”.  Three miles down here is about .5”

Thanks!  It’s amazing the difference between Clarksburg and Germantown sometimes just a few miles south. 

P.S., let me know if anything gets tacked on from those snow showers that have been rolling thru the past hour or two...

1 hour ago, das said:

Thanks!  It’s amazing the difference between Clarksburg and Germantown sometimes just a few miles south. 

P.S., let me know if anything gets tacked on from those snow showers that have been rolling thru the past hour or two...

We got another .2 or more! I am trying to upload a picture but I have to reduce the size before being able to post it.   I’ll do it later.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Currently 17/8 

Pretty wicked cold setting up around here Sun/Mon/Tues... Gfs has highs staying in the teens all 3 days.  Went  up to @showmethesnow hood to get some updated Carhartt cold weather gear for my upcoming jobs ...one small problem...everyone else had the same idea...lol. there was 3 pairs of   small  gloves left ...no extra large sizes in anything ...nothin but smalls...that will teach me.

Fri/ Sat look even more brutal.

I love this weather. I wish it were even COLDER!

Archived