Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday December 30 Snow Obs and Disco

SnowGolfBro

1 minute ago, MountainGeek said:

Just got back, about 1/4" of fine powder so far. Roads completely covered, treated and untreated. 

I realized that any walk I took could never approach the epicness of an official Jebwalk, so I decided to go for something completely different......a WV version of a Jebwalk on an ATV. I intentionally left off my face mask, so I could appreciate the sandblasting from the cold grit at simulated 30MPH winds, and every time I opened my mouth I was able to ingest copious quantities of the beautiful dendrites being force fed directly into the esophagus.

That IS an OFFICIALLY EPIC JEBWALK. Man I LOVE it! lmao!

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Very light snow and car tops have caved already. A bit of a surprise 

What was the original expected duration of this event?

IIRC we're starting a bit earlier than anticipated, which may be a good sign that this thing has a little more juice than we thought.

The 8th was a Friday, this storm too started on a Friday night. We might have to start The Friday Rule with snowstorms this low sun season.

Its 21 degrees with steady light snow driven by a northeast wind. The road and cartops are steadily whitening due to a steady fall of tiny snowflakes.

29 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Why did this have to happen at 2am?  And why am I 41 y/o and still awake to watch an inch of snow fall? lol  There has to be a brain malfunction in most on this forum...I guess it's more of a support group. 

It is in our blood, lol. We have GOT TO SEE THE SNOW, whether it is 1 inch or 1 foot or an all out historic 34 inches.

THAT'S why you are 41 years old and up watching an inch of snow at 2am. I'm 53 and I am up watching a quarter inch of snow fall. I'd be up all night for a car top coating:wub:

You all think YOU got the Sickness? I watch this Everest movie over and over and over again. I love to watch Beck Weathers come back from the Dead and I love Everest, and I love all that fresh snow and the -30 degree COLD!!!! And that spectacular, REFRESHING, negative 100 degree wind chill up there, in zero visibility! On the Hillary Step, no less! I LOVE THIS! I have seen it over 20 times just in the past WEEK! Sure I'm sick, Rotten to the Core! lmao

Man, I yearn to climb that mountain so damn much.............. It would sure be one hell of an EPIC, EPIC jebwalk for the Ages!

3 minutes ago, Interstate said:

You are  not alone

"why do I do this to myself"  Perfect line!

1 minute ago, Jebman said:

It is in our blood, lol. We have GOT TO SEE THE SNOW, whether it is 1 inch or 1 foot or an all out historic 34 inches.

THAT'S why you are 41 years old and up watching an inch of snow at 2am. I'm 53 and I am up watching a quarter inch of snow fall. I'd be up all night for a car top coating:wub:

It IS in my blood..I remember being @Cobalt age and wondering when I would grow out of this obsession... It obviously never happened...

7 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

My sleep schedule is messed up from enjoying Winter Break too much so I am up by default. The snow is by far the biggest plus though. Winter only happens for 3 months a year, so it's best to enjoy it. 

Speaking of school, I remember pulling combined study/jebwalk all nighters in undergrad for winter 13/14 and 14/15. Snow probably kicked about .2 off my GPA as a distraction

19 degrees and steady snow. Roads and sidewalks, driveways, tops of cars, tops of fences, roofs, all caved in but good. Refreshing weather continues, with a gentle breeze. Good chance of us cooling down a few more degrees. I'd say about a sixteenth to maybe an eighth of an inch of snow so far. I got my cartopper. It looks like this has a chance of overperforming based on my expectations, which was for SnowTV to a cartopper only.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived