Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Saturday December 30 Snow Obs and Disco

SnowGolfBro

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

The stuff moving east of the blue Ridge is even filling the LWX radar shadow cone. That usually means it's not virga or at least getting close to the ground. I' probably hallucinating but I've seen a lot of virga over the years and that line doesn't have the typical virga look. Weird 

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in about 1 - 2 hours once those returns work east of I-81 into the more populous areas and people can mPING what they're seeing.  If we even get flurries or the mangled flake out of this early stuff then we can hope and get giddy.  

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

0.5 degree scan from LWX starting to show some returns down by Wes...it's just virga but it's good to see the hole trying to close.  The 1.5 degree loop showing the hole closing north of I-70 too so it's just good to see things trying to moisten up.  

The first sign of an over achiever (and not declaring this as one) is a faster onset of moistening up the lower levels... Wait and see. 

2 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Ground is brown and hard as a rock

Lots of spilled drinks at McD's around here, all frozen. That road is super cold right now, We hit 11 last night and 10 the night before. I wish I had a hose filled with icewater, I'd spray it all over the roads so I can enjoy a nice ice jebwalk.

The big question is that dry air the 00z IAD RAOB captured.  If that thing hold strong then we are all toast, but it we can punch that out by 1am - 3am then many are going to wake up to a surprise.  The one thing that could help us out in that regard is that several of the ob sites in the area have light winds with an easterly component so perhaps we could see a slight moistening of the lower levels. Then again I could be 100% wrong.

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

The big question is that dry air the 00z IAD RAOB captured.  If that thing hold strong then we are all toast, but it we can punch that out by 1am - 3am then many are going to wake up to a surprise.  The one thing that could help us out in that regard is that several of the ob sites in the area have light winds with an easterly component so perhaps we could see a slight moistening of the lower levels. Then again I could be 100% wrong.

Yeah I am slightly concerned about my dry 4 degree dewpoint, but am willing as much snow as possible on MD, PA and wherever in N VA that gets the snow.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived