SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Saturday December 30 Snow Obs and Disco

SnowGolfBro

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It flurried yesterday for longer then the 2 hours the NAM twins show snow.

Color me skeptical about this one. Not to keep being too negative, but people keep mentioning how we’ve had a lot of reverse busts this year. Definitely not true on the VA side of things, and I don’t really think it’s true overall. We’ve had events trend better but they’ve generally not lived up to expectations, again with the caveat of in VA at least.

Hope Saturday is different!

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

It flurried yesterday for longer then the 2 hours the NAM twins show snow.

Color me skeptical about this one. Not to keep being too negative, but people keep mentioning how we’ve had a lot of reverse busts this year. Definitely not true on the VA side of things, and I don’t really think it’s true overall. We’ve had events trend better but they’ve generally not lived up to expectations, again with the caveat of in VA at least.

Hope Saturday is different!

even Dec 8 was a bust after it trended in a good way for us to get us into the game....the late model runs had us getting about 6 inches...until the 00z GFS cut has back to 3 and all the models followed suite..

Absolutely horrible winter so far

3 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

I don't know how we can change into a wetter pattern. The southern stream should be more active after around New Years. 

I feel like it's super dry for this time of year. I can't even remember the last time we had a decent rain event. The little pond near my house is almost dry. I've only seen that during really dry summers. You know the ole saying about drought.

11 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Very true. I'll put my baseline for a good event as measurable snow, and 1"+ is a great event. 

0.5" is what I am shooting for.  I get greedy and I lose.  It's way more than I have now and way more than I'm likely to see.  Waiting for a west trend next week?  Fools gold.  West and south trends we don't do well with.  Also wrap around, Miller B's and cold chasing moisture. Been here a long time. 

16 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

0.5" is what I am shooting for.  I get greedy and I lose.  It's way more than I have now and way more than I'm likely to see.  Waiting for a west trend next week?  Fools gold.  West and south trends we don't do well with.  Also wrap around, Miller B's and cold chasing moisture. Been here a long time. 

But sometimes......

I like these posts mainly bc they give hope. They discuss possibilities.  At times, after scrolling through the analysis, I will jump off and look at let’s say the 7 Day Weather app on my phone. I don’t recommend. It’s like cold water thrown onto the fire you just spent hours building. Why? Because it serves this ugly visual  of a 7-9 day stretch of perfect cold air, injection after injection, and no precip.  This kind of solid cold for weeks is rare here. We always fight the 32 mark. Ugh. I’ll keep hoping though. Back to GFS and UKIE in a few.  Hoping for an inch—

12 minutes ago, Hurricanegiants said:

I like these posts mainly bc they give hope. They discuss possibilities.  At times, after scrolling through the analysis, I will jump off and look at let’s say the 7 Day Weather app on my phone. I don’t recommend. It’s like cold water thrown onto the fire you just spent hours building. Why? Because it serves this ugly visual  of a 7-9 day stretch of perfect cold air, injection after injection, and no precip.  This kind of solid cold for weeks is rare here. We always fight the 32 mark. Ugh. I’ll keep hoping though. Back to GFS and UKIE in a few.  Hoping for an inch—

yeah well sometimes on mushrooms I realize how ****ed up things really are. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived