Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday December 30 Snow Obs and Disco

SnowGolfBro

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, usedtobe said:

I thought it had a dusting over my house so it had budged a bit.  AmI wrong?

It did budge a bit. IMHO- it has that feel of coming around to the rest of guidance just a couple days late. Still a small subtle system so hard to get a feel for reality until inside of 48 on this one. 

16 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Still looks a lot better than the GFS

And that's my point. Gfs hasn't been impressed with the system for us. Hopefully we squeeze something out of it, but after initial runs by the Euro and Ukie of hitting us with something decent,  they're backing down to where the Gfs had been (nonevent). It's not unusual for the models to come to a consensus as I know you know. But unless things stop trending north or they get juicier,  this system won't make footnote status for the winter. Which model did best is still to be determined. One thing I find more souring than most bad things about this hobby are overblown snow forecasts. Safe to say the Gfs looks good in that regard so far.

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

And that's my point. Gfs hasn't been impressed with the system for us. Hopefully we squeeze something out of it, but after initial runs by the Euro and Ukie of hitting us with something decent,  they're backing down to where the Gfs had been. It's not unusual for the models to come to a consensus as I know you know. But unless things stop trending north or they get juicier,  this system won't make footnote status for the winter. Which model did best is still to be determined. One thing I find more souring than most bad things about this hobby are overblown snow forecasts. Safe to say the Gfs will looks good in that regard so far.

Dude, the ukie just upped the ante with total precip. It's not the best distribution but the ukie/CMC are WORLDS better and different than the GFS. I'm not sure what's going on with you but I swear you're rooting for the GFS to win and give everybody on the east coast nothing. 

ETA: and backing down to the GFS? Meaning they are trying to show nothing at all? Do you need glasses?

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Dude, the ukie just upped the ante with total precip. It's not the best distribution but the ukie/CMC are WORLDS better and different than the GFS. I'm not sure what's going on with you but I swear you're rooting for the GFS to win and give everybody on the east coast nothing. 

ETA: and backing down to the GFS? Meaning they are trying to show nothing at all? Do you need glasses?

Bob....the axis of the Ukie's heaviest precip just shifted north 40-50 miles did it not. I don't understand what's up with you to be honest.  I certainly want it to snow. I don't care if I'm wrong. I just smell a rat and it's known  as a north shift. We just disagree.  So what.

Just so I make my point perfectly clear (which I think I did already), there is no doubt this event can miss to the north. We've been playing with the southern edge since it showed up and that's never the best place to be. However, I'm strongly believe there IS an event this weekend and if not overhead then close by to the north. 

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Bob....the axis of the Ukie's heaviest precip just shifted north 40-50 miles did it not. I don't understand what's up with you to be honest.  I certainly want it to snow. I don't care if I'm wrong. I just smell a rat and it's known  as a north shift. We just disagree.  So what.

Just read my last post. You seem to be arguing that there is NO event AT ALL. That's the only thing I take issue with. I TOTALLY AGREE that it could miss us. The GFS has NO EVENT AT ALL. I do not agree with that. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Just read my last post. You seem to be arguing that there is NO event AT ALL. That's the only thing I take issue with. I TOTALLY AGREE that it could miss us. The GFS has NO EVENT AT ALL. I do not agree with that. 

We really aren't far apart with this. You're looking at it from a regional perspective and I'm only concerned about mby. You think the Euro has done better. And it may well as far as first to ID features on the map, but if it doesn't snow of any real consequence imby, then I believe the Gfs did better because it minimized the system. So here's to hoping the Gfs is wrong. :drunk:

4 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

We really aren't far apart with this. You're looking at it from a regional perspective and I'm only concerned about mby. You think the Euro has done better. And it may well as far as first to ID features on the map, but if it doesn't snow of any real consequence imby, then I believe the Gfs did better because it minimized the system. So here's to hoping the Gfs is wrong. :drunk:

Sayyyyy did you go to law school? :)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived